Hot weather

Options
Wallaby2
Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
Hi everyone, last year I started experiencing intense hot flashes for a few months, then they vanished for 8 months when my cycle returned. I was rapt to get back to normal as I was only 43. However since August the cycles have stopped and the flashes returned again (bummer!) but less intense until the weather has got hotter; now when I flash (probably 4 times an hour) it is very intense. Has anyone else noticed that warm-hot weather affects you this way, and if so how do you manage it? We haven't moved fully into summer in Australia as yet and it's already wearing me down. I just wish my cycle would return!! Thanks ladies. x

Replies

• sweatymary
    Options
    In my experience the hot weather doesn't make any difference to the frequency or intensity of the hot flashes it just makes them more uncomfortable to bear! I found that keeping a fan to hand helped, as soon as I felt a hot flash coming on I would grab it straight away and this helped to cool me down quicker :-D
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm interesting. Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the fan tip. 
  • karynspeace
    Options
    I agree that the weather doesn't really affect me either. Alcohol, though, is a kicker. I usually have a glass of wine or other spirits a few times a week but have noticed lately that the hot flashes are worse if I drink. Especially at night for some reason.

layers, layers, layers. It's all we can do.
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I have to endorse what Mary and Karyn said - summer weather hasn't had a hugely negative influence on me. I live in Western Australia so I know what you are experiencing. My daughters actually gave me a small fan that sits in my bag - and I have several of them around the house. So funny really as I have a friend who is 55 - the same as me , when she visited about a year ago we were both having a peak period of sweats so in the evening I placed one of the fans on a coffee table within reach of both of us and luckily our hot flushes took turns so the fan was almost never on the table. I agree- alcohol can bring them on - as does eating of any kind. Drink heaps and heaps of water as the sweats can really easily dehydrate us. Stick with it - it does get better.
    Debbie