Infants/Toddlers with Pierced Ears

Options
13»

Replies

• Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    im really confused at the idea of a doctor piercing ears. why would they??

-shrugs- A few doctors do it. You would think they know a body better than the workers at Claire's.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    double post
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Well, at that age I don't think the kid is really old enough to be emotionally scarred by getting their ears pierced against their will, however I wouldn't do it to my kids. When my kids ask to get their ears pierced (boy or girl) I will probably take them but they will have to save their allowance to get it done, it's not coming out of my pocket. Tattoos and body piercings? They can get them when they are 18 and can legally get it done without my consent.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really say it's "mutilating" the kid, I just honestly think it's stupid. What if the kid doesn't want her ears pierced? To me it's kind of like treating a baby as an accessory - why cause pain for something that isn't necessary, you just think it looks nice? Just wait til the kid is old enough to want them.

I have no issue with boys getting their ears pierced - I don't even really see why it's an issue. They wouldn't really give a second thought to get their daughters' ears pierced, why is it different for a son?

I had my girls done when they were 6 weeks old by a professional, they suggested I numb their ears with emla cream before I come, they didn't even flinch when they had them done let alone cry. They were not in any pain and I took very good care of them and made sure that they didn't get infected. The earings were always "there", they never pulled on them or tried to take them out. Fast forward 8 and 5 years, they love that they have them!! Some of their friends are just now getting them done and they didn't like the experience because it did hurt and the parents aren't keeping as close of an eye on them and they are getting infected, the kids play with them and in turn cause infection. I am very happy that I got them done when they were babies, if they decide they don't like them, no harm done, we take them out and let them grow over.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I won't pierce my kids ears unless they ask for it, but I don't really care what others do.