8 year anniversary today

Options
kikkipoo
kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
I did it! 8 years ago I had RNY gastric bypass and today I am 170 pounds lighter. It's crazy how back then my whole world revolved around the surgery and the changes. I think back on my struggles with food. That last bite was a killer. I think about dumping all the time and I think about my Depressions I battled losing food as my best friend...and today I think about it almost never. It does become a lifestyle. I do feel normal. I do eat normal. Most of my friends don't even know or remember me as being that Person. I am not that person, I am this one. And it's such a great feeling to be her. So, today, and probably only today I will honor the event that allowed me the opportunity, but then it's right back to just being me. I love that I no longer affiliate myself as a wls patient, but just someone who has come a long way.

Replies

• risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    kikkipoo YOU LOOK GREAT. Many kudos for hanging in there 8 years. I looked at your pictures... the first/top 3 are all me! The bottom 2 pics are the me I'm waiting to be... You did it, I can do it. I looked at your food diary and I'm inspired. You have set 1700 cals max. I've been dropping weight fast on my 1600 max. My surgery date is 1/16. Then I start my pursuit to be the best I can be... I need to drop 180lbs too.... and your picture gives me the inspiration, motivation and excitement I need to keep up the pursuit. Thanks so much for sharing... and again a big CONGRATS!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Christine
  • skatermom503
    Options
    It's so good to hear that eventually the surgery doesn't control my life and thoughts. I'm new so it is pretty much all I think about, worry about, etc. Congratulations on your successful weight loss and maintenance. You should be proud.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's so good to hear that eventually the surgery doesn't control my life and thoughts. I'm new so it is pretty much all I think about, worry about, etc. Congratulations on your successful weight loss and maintenance. You should be proud.

I remember that crazy obsession more than I remember being fat. It does become second nature once you have it down. I promise.
  • freakingenius
    freakingenius Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!!! =D