Team 4 Weekly Discussions

Options
Here is where we'll introduce ourselves and where we'll have our weekly discussions and challenges :)
Who wants to be our leader for the week of 12/12-12/19??

Replies

• paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Introduction:

Hi ladies, I'm Paula and I'm 21 years old at the time I'm writing this (will be 22 on Sunday December 11th). I created my MFP account in April, but I didn't take it serious until May 15, 2011 (yes, I remember the date!).

I started off at 197.6 lbs, and as of this morning I am 135.2. I've gone from a size 18 jeans to a size 4, and from a size XL shirt to a size small :)

My new goals are to seriously tone up and get a body like Ms. Jillian Michaels! Haha, I dont want to be thin, I want to be fit.

I have a new relationship with food and I absolutely love it. I used to think that I had to hate to eat in order to want to eat healthy, but that is so not the case! I love the challenge of finding good food that is also beneficial to my body. My favorite foods are now healthy foods.

I also very much enjoy exercise. I want to do this for the rest of my life and I'm glad it's something I like to do. I'm proud of the progress I've made and I will continue to make my body stronger and healthier. Getting healthy has no end date. This is a journey that will go on til the day I die :)

BTW, nice to meet you ladies!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mary. I've joined this NSV group because I haven't been losing weight and I need to focus on NSVs. I've lost 35 pounds but have 40 more to go. I hope to keep motivated by focusing on good things. Please let me know how you are doing and I will try to support you in this. I'm looking forward to participating in the challenges with you.
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Eileen,

I reached my highest weight in June of this year and was having to buy wear size 18.
    I started a weight loss program locally for 12 weeks on August 12 and when that came to an end joined MFP..
    I have averaged a 1 lb a week weight loss and now I am nearing a healthy BMI so am possibly within 10 lbs of final weight.
    I have lost 28 lbs in total and need to firm up the wrinkly skin ( I'm 64 so age is against me) feel need to kep motivated so I don't go back to putting weight on. we will do this together
  • mabug01
    Options
    so, I think I've got the sodium/potassium level OK because I tend to not eat any processed foods. woo-hoo! one part of the challenge licked; now to tend to those arms.....How is everyone else doing?
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    good job mabug!! I've been doing great with the potassium/sodium challenge as well. Phew!

I've got a few NSVs for this past week:
    1. I went to my favorite clothing store and I loved everything I tried on! I was so happy that all the clothes fit like it's supposed to!
    2. I can do push ups! Man push ups! Haha, I've never been able to do those before!
    3. I started Ripped in 30 and I'm on week two, but it is coming along quite easily (with the exception of some moves - darn you crow push ups!). I'm so surprised that I'm able to do a lot of the moves with no hesitation! I'm fit!!!

:D
  • mabug01
    Options
    Great NSVs, Paula! I'm impressed you did all that in one week.

Today I took a brisk hike with my boss at work, something I've never done before.
    Yesterday I had a really great workout at the gym. I love working my shoulders and bi's; it makes me feel strong.