Recipes

Options
PanteraGirl
PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
So I thought on here we could share some recipes for game meat or whatever you feel like posting......I'm inexperienced with cooking game meat and at the moment....I"m looking into how to cook rabbit meat.

Have a rabbit but no recipe...would like to hear how you guys cook it...I'm thinking I would like a stew. Help? LOL

Replies

• therealsuperbigrob
    therealsuperbigrob Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    New to the group and site.
    I like my rabbit quartered, then lightly battered and fried. Fried tateres and onions with it. However this being a diet site and all I guess marrinated in anything you like a grilled.
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    We just had "Braised Rabbit" over the weekend. 1st time for me to try this recipe... YUM.
    I used corn starch to thicken the gravy, instead of flour & I reduced the amount of lemon juice a little.
    We were plesantly surprised at how tasty and tender!!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Braised-Rabbit

Prep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.Yield: 4 Servings20 45 65 Ingredients
    •1 dressed rabbit (2-1/2 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
    •1/4 cup olive oil
    •1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
    •4 garlic cloves, minced
    •2 cups chicken broth
    •1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
    •1/4 teaspoon pepper
    •1 bay leaf
    •1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    •1/4 cup lemon juice
    •5 tablespoons cold water
    Directions
    •In a large skillet over medium heat, cook rabbit in oil until lightly browned; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, thyme, pepper and bay leaf.
    •Return rabbit to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until meat is tender and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
    •Remove rabbit to a serving platter. Discard bay leaf. Combine the flour, lemon juice and water until smooth; stir into pan juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rabbit. Yield: 4 servings.

Originally published as Braised Rabbit in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p62