do you see yourself as always bigger/manlier than other wome

Options
124»

Replies

• Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My lovely boyfriend makes the effort every now and again to twirl me around, because, for me, being twirled on the dancefloor is the epitome of petiteness and being girly. Silly? Maybe :)

So true!!!

I've always been attracted to very thin men (counterbalance?). In all my years of dating- there was only one guy who could pick me up, swing me around... in general treat me like a petite little lady. I LOVED that. I don't miss him- but I do miss that feeling!

I don't feel manly- but I don't feel "girly" either...

I feel the exact same way!! I had one guy i dated who could do that. I dont feel manly, but hanging around women who are all 5'4 and under isn't always fun.
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    So good to read all of these comments. I don't know why, maybe because I live in the South, but there seems to be a shortage of tall women around here, so it's nice to know that I'm not alone. I have a couple of points that I can relate to... first of all, I feel pretty well proportioned most of the time, until I see a picture. If it's just of me, I feel fine and even can fool myself into thinking that I'm pretty. But put me next to even some of my taller friends (5'7" ish) and now it's a freak show. I HATE it.

I like being tall, and have taken advantage of all the opportunities that it affords me - I've been in the military for over 10 years, I played rugby, worked as a wildland firefighter, live on a farm and do the tough work, but for once in my life I really do want to be petite. Not short, but I long to be skinny.

As far as the man thing goes, well ladies, I'm married to a man who is 8 inches shorter than me, and I consider myself to be unbelievably lucky. I'm fortunate that I was able to get past my expectations and see in him the person that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. My boyfriend previous to him was 6'6", so I had told myself I could never date shorter. I didn't take him seriously for a long time (~5 years) and even my mom didn't. But it turns out that I'm the one who shouldn't have been taken seriously - my husband is a badass, (watch Black Hawk Down, he was there) smoking hot, and kinder, calmer, and waaaayyy more cool under pressure than I am. I still struggle with the looks that we get (I've nearly gotten in trouble a few times; it's insecurity, I know) but as I embark on my weightloss journey, I just tell myself that it's because they're jealous and they wonder how much money a short guy like him must have to get a hottie like me :)
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    have a couple of points that I can relate to... first of all, I feel pretty well proportioned most of the time, until I see a picture. If it's just of me, I feel fine and even can fool myself into thinking that I'm pretty. But put me next to even some of my taller friends (5'7" ish) and now it's a freak show. I HATE it.

This is the big part for me. I'm reasonably proportioned and I'll be feeling really good until I see myself with a group of women shorter than me and it can knock the wind out of my sails even when I was feeling pretty good before. I guess that I forget that I'm not just taller but so much freaking bigger, wider etc., than so many others.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in my 20's, I used to feel ginormous... it seemed like my friends were all short and a size 2 or 4! Back then, I was quite slim myself, but being so much taller than them made me feel enormous, especially when we went out dancing. I'd look around the club and only see 1 or 2 people in the entire place that were my height.

However, I don't really feel giant any more - it seems by my age (39), most people I know have filled out in the middle, so I might still be tall, but I'm not surrounded by size 2's any more. :smile:
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. "Delicate Flower" is not a term that is often used with women of our height.