Ladies: Younger men?

Options
paxetamore
paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
So just got in from a night out with friends and this young stud (maybe ten years my junior) was just all chatty and laughy with me. After the evening ended and I arrived home, it dawned on me... could he have actually been hitting on me? Now he was just as cute and hunky as could be, but even if I had realized this while out, would it have made a difference...

Have you "dated" a younger man???

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have never dated a younger man. I would be open to it though
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yes! And to be honest it's my preference!!! How fun for you! ;)
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Not ten years younger, but a few. You go, girl! Next time realize he's hitting on you before you leave though!
  • paxetamore
    Options
    Yes! And to be honest it's my preference!!! How fun for you! ;)

Well, I'm hoping for some of that fun ;-)
  • paxetamore
    Options
    Not ten years younger, but a few. You go, girl! Next time realize he's hitting on you before you leave though!

LOL yes, doh! never occurred to me at the moment :huh:

Thanx! i will be more observant next time around :bigsmile:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking I would but then whenever the opportunity presents itself I freak out :(
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I prefer younger men also.. a couple years at least. Older men have a mindset I'm not familiar with.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My last BF was 5 years younger then me. I am 34 he was 29 we really didn't see any issue with the age difference as we were both at the same points in our life both in stable careers, comfortable with ourselves and with a lot of the same interests. It might have been because he was in the Army when he was in his early 20s but we really didn't see any issue with it.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I haven't but I wouldn't hesitate to. Age is not really an indicator of much, as long as we're in similar places in life, I don't see any problem with dating someone either quite a bit younger or quite a bit older than me. Obviously there are lines. I'm 25, so being at least 20 is a must...Guys are allowed to date younger women all the time, I don't see why it should be wrong to go the other way...
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I was out with friends last night and met a really nice guy who is 9 years younger than me. I don't think anything will come of it, but not because of age. I guess it doesn't matter to me as long as it's within reason. The 23 year old bartender that always flirts with me-yeah, that's TOO young lol (I'm 45). But hey, a girl can dream. LOL
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Tried it never again they play to many games
  • rockthehourglass
    rockthehourglass Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    They're fun! ;) But for an actual long term relationship it's never worked out for me.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and my ex was 30. Other than that, I've stuck with guys around my age or a year or 2 younger than myself. Now I find myself intrigued by older men. I dated a 45 yr old for a bit right after my seperation. It was definately different!!! So maybe under 40 would be more for me...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    New years eve I get hit on by this guy who I know was younger. Well things were getting intresting and I found out he was 19. He didn't look 19 he was 6'4. lol. He also though I was 24 instead of 31. What got me was that even when he found out my age he still wanted to hang wih me.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I recently got out of a relationship with a guy who was 4 years younger than me. Never again! He played way to many games mentally, emotionally, ect. I realize that not every younger guy falls into this group but I sure do notice their lack of maturity! I think I will be sticking with older men from here on out.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    As it happens, I have had 4 dates in the last 6 nights with a new guy. I'm 45 and he's 38. :)
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Its not about the age. Maturity does not come guaranteed with any age group. I know men who are 50 and still laugh when they heard the word penis and try to pass gas on the cat. All that matters is that you are happy and what they have to offer. Dont ever worry about what others think, you are the one seeing them naked, not them. I say, go for it if you like them.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've dated younger guys, and I would again. Probably within a limited range though. I'm 32... so maybe 26 or 27 at the YOUNGEST, and he'd have to be "mature" for his age.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    In the past two weeks I started going out with a guy who is 26, I'm 32. He's definitely 26! I have a hickey on my neck I had to wear a scarf today to cover up at work! I never wear scarves so I hope it wasn't obvious! :blushing:
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Yikes. Giving a hickey at age 26 sounds scary to me!

Anthony you have such a way with words and phrases. ;)