weight lifting

Options
So I spent an hour this morning doing weight lifting instead of cardio and I don't get any calorie credits for this. Why?

Replies

• Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Really? After the running challenge is over I plan to add some weights.
  • cris00
    cris00 Posts: 13
    Options
    It's a bit weird, but you should search for lifting under the cardio exercise category. I don't know how accurate it is, but, for example, for 20 mi. of lifting, it would give me a 55 calories consumption.
  • TarHeelAmy
    Options
    Yeah, that is weird to find weight lifting under cardio. Thanks.
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    In the FAQ, they note that the calorie estimate for weight lifting is likely to be inaccurate as how many calories you burn depends on whether you're lifting fast (i.e. a circuit), or lifting heavy weights etc. If you have a HR monitor, you might want to wear if for one of your usual weight lifting sessions. That will give you a sense of what you burn during that time and then you can just use those numbers again in the future.
  • i_will2
    Options
    So I spent an hour this morning doing weight lifting instead of cardio and I don't get any calorie credits for this. Why?

I know how you feel, I don't get any credits for the sex I have 10 times a week.
  • carrascoshannon
    Options
    I would also suggest a HRM for weight lifting. I don't lift weights, per se, but the pole fitness I do is more strength training than cardio. I wear my Garmin and my HRM to get a more accurate calculation of the calories I burn. It's a small about, but every little bit helps :)
  • Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I know how you feel, I don't get any credits for the sex I have 10 times a week.
    I'm sure you can add exercises, next time wear a HRM.
  • TarHeelAmy
    Options

LOLOLOLOL