Camel pose.....

Options
JeSuisPrest
JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
It's killer, the two handed one. You know what I mean. So who can do it? I haven't been able to touch my heals yet, one at a time I can, but not with both hands!

Replies

• Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Hello!!

I actually just tried it yesterday....and really liked it!! I can do the Camel Pose just fine, its the one where you balance on one leg that I have issues with...I swear I look drunk stumbling over my own feet! lol

I cant wait to work my way up to Level 2!!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I can do it.... But I'm feeling like I'm ripping in two....

And agreed on the one leg balance one!

Oh and wth is up with that "who's your daddy" pose? I actually looked this time!!! Am I expected to do that at some point?!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I've not been able to touch my heals yet with it....and the "who's yoru daddy" is so disturbing!!! Her tone of voice is what bugs so annoying and unprofessional. I can't do Warrior 3, not great, but I get it.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    I've not been able to touch my heals yet with it....and the "who's yoru daddy" is so disturbing!!! Her tone of voice is what bugs so annoying and unprofessional. I can't do Warrior 3, not great, but I get it.

OMG! Yes, this is the pose I cant do!! Any suggestions on balancing myself?? lol
    I cant seem to be able to hold the pose...at all!! I had the same issue when doing Ripped in 30 Week 3, one of the circuits has a lot of workouts where you balance on one leg....well I had to move on to week 4 instead...

Would the balancing issues come from not having a strong core??
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    I don't know.... But I can NOT balance on the one leg! And I mean AT ALL! I have to grab my bed post every few seconds...
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I get it until she says to "root the leg into the crowd" and then I suddenly become shaky!!! LOL Darn you, Jillian!!! :devil:
  • Modari
    Modari Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find that it helps my balance when I pick one spot to look at and do not look away from it for the whole exercise. It really makes you focus. And I am pretty sure she is saying "root your leg into the ground" (not 'crowd) - lol. :smile:
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    I'm getting better at it! But I'm confused on the "up dog"... Are my legs completely off the ground and o ly the tops of my feet touching? Looks like it from the side!

Yep. Just looked it up... I've left my thighs on the ground... Guess I gotta lift them up now too! Yikes!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I find that it helps my balance when I pick one spot to look at and do not look away from it for the whole exercise. It really makes you focus. And I am pretty sure she is saying "root your leg into the ground" (not 'crowd) - lol. :smile:

Hahahaha....I knew that....but my darned fingers said something else!!!! Hahhahahaha. Thanks for a good laugh!!! :laugh:
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    oh my...I actually touched my heels for a moment yesterday....lol My feet were up on the toes, the modified version, but I touched them w/ two hands, even if it was only for a moment.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Yay! I just keep breathing and praying the 15 seconds are over!
  • iamvillanueva
    Options
    My best tips for balancing are to pick one spot to focus on like a previous post said, but also I always think about holding in my abdominals and pulling up on my pelvic floor (like your stopping the flow when you pee). When I keep my core held in tight, I can balance for much longer.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I did it!!! I didn't last the full 15 seconds (funny how 15 seconds can feel like for ever) but I made it for 13 seconds! I am so stinking thrilled it's ridiculous!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    That's great! Isn't it amazing what we can accomplish with this? I'm amazed what it is doing to my body!
  • BookterAE12
    BookterAE12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can definately do this pose, but sometimes it can hurt..... seems to happen if I don't sleep well the night before :blushing:
  • nuttingh
    nuttingh Posts: 65
    Options
    I love Camel!!! Feels so good when you relax into it! I used to get dizzy when I started doing it on my Kundalini Yoga DVDs last year. However, you have to relax your throat and navel areas, and make sure you push you thighs and hips forward. You can move back more easily and that's what holds you. :)
  • upthestairs87
    upthestairs87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I still can't do Camel pose yet! I need to practice it separately, apparently my flexibility sucks right now. haha