I should be happy. (PS I'm new)

Options
Since my teens I have always struggled with being happy with how I looked. 19 was my prime age... I looked great, felt great, and my eating habits were good (due to lack of stress). THEN I became a college graduate (my last semester being student teaching so woooooooop stress), and although I was in a wonderful relationship, I started gaining weight. After graduation the student loans packed on, and so did more weight. I landed an entry level management position at Aldi, and although very physical, I seemed to gain weight still. I was unhappy with life in general (again NOT my relationship), and didn't realize my poor poor eating habits or the fact that i seemed to be eating all the time.

Fast foward----> I became engaged and had a year to lose the weight... but guess what, I only maintained the weight I had... I look back on wedding pictures and honeymoon (a place where i had to wear a swimsuit) and go 'uggggggh' because I HAD so much time to lose the weight, but due to stress & time, I refused to find the motivation and time.

Now
> I have my career job, and am happy overall, very much less stressed. HOWEVER, I'm still eating like I used to, esp when the smallest stressor occurs. It's like a just learned to eat a lot... I weighed myself for the first time in 6 months and I'm at my heaviest. I guess now I've really noticed I eat when I'm bored... or that I HAVE to be chewing or sucking on candy or something all the time. How do you break this habit? Gum and mints get old....

I just want to get to a size I can love. And I know a lot of that is going to start with the emotional eating.