Having issues today

Options
dmoses
dmoses Posts: 786 Member
Why do I do this? Before I even finish eating my lunch, I'm already thinking about what I can eat next!? How can food have such control over me? I know you don't have the answers, but I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment...

Replies

• jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Is this an everyday constant thing? I do get days like this where I just cant stop thinking about food and what to eat next. But for me its not everyday (usually just the days when I don't have much to do) but when I find myself busy all day I don't really have the time to think about it as much.

Don't be hard on yourself though, everyone thinks about food a lot because its pleasurable to eat. (afterall we'd have no desire to eat food if it didn't taste good!) So as long as you are able to control how much of it you eat then its okay.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    dmoses

You can turn this into a positive. It's fine to think about your next meal if you are controlling it and eating healthy. I am worse when I don't think about it. I eat too much and the wrong thing or I eat little and it's high in fat or sugar, it's all out of laziness.

It is not a bad thing that you think about it but if you are hungry after you have eaten then re-evaluate the types of food you are eating and find ways to fill full and fulfilled after a meal.

good luck