Elizaveta

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
Can we all just agree now that she deserves to be known by first name only in the world of skating. Her jumps are SICK! And she's flipping 14 years old!

She totally outshines that other child prodigy...Tara Lipinski. And can I just say: I wish I could mute her commentary. She sounds 12 years old when she's talking about double axels being the "easy" element. I never liked Tara's skating. There...I said it.

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    She is crazy good! I love her short and the dress too! Ok but call me nuts, something about her facial expressions reminds me of Johnny Weir!

I have to say I was never a fan of Tara either...
  • Qarol
    Options
    And Alissa is probably my favorite of the current international lot. She's just beauty on ice. My favorite all time skater is Caryn Kadavy. And Alissa kind of reminds me of Caryn's style.

But Rachael Flatt can do a flipping camel in both directions. So good you can't tell which is her normal direction. And the announcers never talk about how difficult this is. They should! (I've vented about this to Haley before...)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Options
    I had no idea she did that! They have the girls do waltz jumps both ways but that's it... I tried and nearly killed myself but I can actually spin easier opposite of how I jump, totally weird, not a proper spin, just from a push. I find the sweet spot every time but it feels so strange. (well I still don't have much of a spin... ) I do like Alissa - she has a nice elegant look and I love her program this season.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Elizaveta is insane in the brain!!! Or maybe her coaches are. I'm not so sure I like the plunging neckline on a 14 year old girl even if she's in Senior Ladies. By far one of the most talented on the circuit right now!

I really enjoy watching Akiko Suzuki. She has really nice basic skating as well as consistent jumps...even though she is a Japanese skater (they're not typically known for being expressive on the ice) I think that she looks like she's into the programs and actually preforms it.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Options
    Elizaveta's costumes are a bit provocative for a 14 year old. I was shocked she's that young. I loved Mirai Nagasu's pink flower dress from 2007.
  • Qarol
    Options
    Akiko is pure joy on the ice. Sometimes, skaters look like they're having the worst time, like they'd rather be having dental work done. Akiko just oozes her love of skating. I quite enjoy that about her.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Options
    Really it's wonderful to watch skaters that draw you in and you can feel their joy! Not to get sappy .... the emotion of the music and demeanor of the skater draws you in. That was the greatness of Scott Hamilton, you could just see how much he loved to skate! Since trying to learn to skate I have such a greater admiration for elite skaters! I am having a hard time remembering to smile when I skate.. I'm so concentrated on. shoulders back, head up, stretch... abs tight.. oh what is my FACE doing...? xD