Focus on Fashion...and Music

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
Czisny's short program this season, with her pink Audrey Hepburn number, was just gorgeous. The music and the dress just made the whole routine. I remember loving Nancy Kerrigan's Vera Wang dresses. And Davis and White's bollywood number. There have been some beautiful skating costumes throughout the years (and some "what were they thinking" moments, too). Which ones do you remember?

And let's not forget the music. Requiem for a Tower is some passionate music to skate to. And who can forget the theme from Love Story? Memoirs of a Geisha also has some breathtaking music for the ice.

When the right outfit and music come together, it's just perfection on ice.

Replies

• Qarol
    Options
    Can I just say I want an outfit just like this...more importantly, I want to look good in an outfit just like this:

kostner_gpf_lp1.jpg
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My coach offered me Requiem of a Dream to skate to but I chose Kill Bill.. speaking of that... I loved Yu-na Kim's version and the dress she wore. I think its the same dress she wore for her James Bond medley.

kimyuna011.jpg
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Options
    And from my home rink... Ashley Cain- I love this dress from her short to Montserrat by Bajofondo

AshleyCain-3.jpg
  • Qarol
    Options
    This is the pink Audrey Hepburn number I mentioned. And the music was just lovely.

178214-alissa-czisny-of-the-u-s-performs-during-the-ladies-short-program-at-t.jpg
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE Alissa's pink dress this year. The white ones are kind of her "signature" look which are beautiful but...white and blah.

Carolina's unitard is fantastic on her, she's definitely got the body to rock it ;) I had to wear a unitard for my program to Mask of Zorro a few years back and it was very hot to wear...kudos to her!

Sp1nG- Ashley's blue dress she wore last year (with the swirls in stones) ZOMG LOVE THAT DRESS.

Have to also add. I'm a huge fan of my long program dress this season. (I'm allowed to be, right?)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Options
    Of course! You should always love your dress! Both your short and long dresses are beaufiul! I love the music you chose too. I really like the contrast of red & black against the ice.
  • Qarol
    Options
    Have to also add. I'm a huge fan of my long program dress this season. (I'm allowed to be, right?)
    I loooooooove your long program dress, dear. Classy and elegant and SPARKLY!
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Can we bump this with the new season started?

Personally I'm a huge(!) Nath & Fab fan (Nath's the reason why I want rocking arms!!), and I absolutely love the theme of their short dance this year, and how well everything comes together- the costumes, music the whole bit!

tumblr_md0f1cPnDy1qklgayo1_1280.jpg