Popcorn

Mrsdjd
Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
We like air popped popcorn but have been struggling to find margarine thay coats the popcorn. Everything we have tried just makes it soggy. We have been importing margarine from Canada, via my parents, but we cannot do that indefinitely.

Suggestions?

Replies

• Butter.
  • Mrsdjd
    Other than butter.
  • Molly McButter, it's a butter powder type substance, tastes pretty good.
  • Mmmm, I don't know what would work, but I do know that I looooove popcorn!!
  • I knew an older couple that saved their bacon grease and used that to pop their popcorn and then drizzle it with butter on top of it. They both ended up having heart attacks. But it was great popcorn...
  • Kristyle_S
    Kristyle_S Posts: 9 Member
    In my continuing quest to be the most boring person on the planet, I just eat our popcorn plain. When we did try to add some butter, it just made the popcorn soggy, so it wasn't worth it. I thought about getting some of those popcorn shakers, but figured they'd just wind up sitting in the cabinet unopened.
  • What about Parkay Spray Vegetable Oil Spread? lol...I don't know if that's "margarine" but it's a spray and it's 0 calories and 0 cholesterol ?? I use it on like corn on the cob, toast, etc. Not sure if it would coat popcorn, though...you'd just have to try it and let me know :)
  • Mrsdjd
    Maybe I'll try the spray. Becel margarine in Canada coats popcorn nicely so other spices stick to the kernels. When the power was out, we made popcorn on the stove with vegetable oil, that was yummy!