Significant Others

Options

Replies

• jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :love: Hey ladies! I was just reading the uber poplular "How did you meet your SO" thread out in the general msg boards... And it got me thinking.

Who is dating/married to a Shorty and who has a Tally? :laugh: (I couldn't think of a better way to put it lol)

I am 5'11" and my love is 6'3" :heart: We have been together a little over a year.

What about you???

Awww this is a cute topic!

I am 6'0" and my boyfriend is the same height. We often squabble about who is taller, and inevitably, my heals always end up making me the biggest hehe. We have been together 7 months.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm 5'10'' and my boyfriend is 6'2''.... we're both tall, very pale, and quite blond (Irish and Swedish descent!) so we get the brother/sister comments a lot!
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    I am 5'11 and my husband is 6'3. I dated quite a few shorter guys...I think the shortest was 5'6 - and was pretty sure I was going to end up with a shorter guy. Then, I joined eHarmony and met my husband... we lived 1900 miles apart. After a few months of emailing and long phone calls, he came to see me. I will never forget this huge, giant of a man walking towards me - and when he hugged me, his arms completely engulfed me - and he was built like a brick wall. I couldn't move him! And then he picked me up!! Lol! I was done for. We will be married 8 years this summer.
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ah! I LOVE stories like these!! So cute. ;O)
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm 6' and hubby is 6' 4"...we've been married 27 years. :)

Thank goodness I didin't meet hubby til he was in college!

In high school, he wore 29 X 36" jeans. Can you say PVC Pipe?!
    Thankfully, he filled out a bit before I met him! I think his waist has stayed the same or expanded only by 1 or 2 inches in our 27 years. (Wish *I* could say the same!)
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I married a shorty. :) I'm 6'0" and my DH of 15 years is only 5' 9". I dated tall and short guys, but many of the tall guys I met were too wrapped up in themselves. My short boyfriends always worshipped the ground I walked on.

My husband (married 8 yrs) is 5'7" and I am 5'9". All of my boyfriends have been short and they too worshipped the ground on walked on :)
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Oh and I own tons of heels and I wear them proudly. My husband tells me I look hot and doesn't bother him that I end up being 6-7 inches taller than him.
  • Lindseydeblieux
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and dating a guy who's 5'8" on a good day. It's taken about a year for it to "not bother me" and I imagine that it will take another year or so for it to actually not bother me. He's awesome, funny, sweet, sexy and dorky in all the right ways and I can't imagine my life without him. I even like his family! (His brother and dad both married women taller than them!)

I will admit that I try to avoid wearing heels (as much because they hurt as the height), but he loves when I do and even asked my best friend what he needed to do to get me to wear heels more.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome topic.

I have never had any issues dating men who were shorter than me. I have even dated someone who was 5 inches shorter. Physical appearance just isn't that important to me.
    I have actually only dated one guy who was taller than me.

My husband is 1/2" shorter than I am. He is 5'10,5" and I am 5'11".
  • samakain
    samakain Posts: 60
    Options
    I am 5'11" (although hubby says I am only 5'10 3/4"), hubby is 6'3". We've been together for 10 years, married for 7 years :)
  • MThornburg74
    Options

I wore ballerina slippers to our wedding!

Me too!

LOVE THIS! Me, too! I am 6'3" and hubby is 6"2"...so we were pretty much eye to eye. Tried dating a shorter guy...nope. Needed a big one. :)
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Argh! My husband is 6" shorter than me, and I *hate* it when people tell me "Wow, I could never date a guy who was shorter than me!"

I mean, seriously? Why is that okay? Would you proudly inform me that you couldn't date a guy who's skin was darker than yours, or whose nose was smaller, or cheekbones higher than yours?

I realize everyone's tastes are different, and if you don't want a short guy than don't have one, but when did it become cute to tell everyone "Tee hee, I allow people into my life based on uncontrollable physical attributes!"

Grrrrrrrrr. Them grapes is sour.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My bf is 6'3" and built like a brick sh1thouse! His shoulders are the width of the door and he makes me feel tiny which is a mean feat since I get mistaken for a man sometimes when I'm in uniform even with a full face of makeup and earrings on.

Ivealways felt out of place and my last bf was only 1 inch shorter than me but told me to slouch down and I wasn't allowed wear heels.

My bf now makes me feel like a princess and calls me his Amazonian queen! Love it
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm 6' and my husband is 6'3. In my opinion, we fit together perfectly.
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    As some of you know, I'm 8" taller than my husband. I'm 6.0 and he's 5.4. We met through a friend who had had a passing interest in him, but said the same thing that many of you have: he's too short for me. Given, I thought the same thing for a long time. My boyfriend previous to him was 6.6, former college BB player, black hair, blue eyes, smokin' hot body. But not a nice person. Very self-absorbed. We looked incredible together, but it was only skin-deep. When I met my husband, I didn't take him seriously. I also didn't know that he's a modern war hero, or that he would end up being the kindest, thoughtful, loving, generous, non-bull-*kitten* playing man I'd meet in my 31 years on Earth. Sometimes, his ex-girlfriends will contact his parents to find out what he's up to, and I imagine that it's because they all discounted him for his height and ended up married and divorced by d-bags. I am THE luckiest girl, and I'm so thankful that he was kind enough to allow me to realize it. Doesn't hurt that he's commonly (like once a week) mistaken for Tom Cruise. And I'm missing him today while he's deployed (for the 9th time.)
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    ^^^ beautiful. I hope you get him back home soon.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love the diversity in all the responses!

My Husband (Together almost 2.5 years, married almost 1 year) thought he was 6'0" when we were first dating. However, I am 5'10" and I thought he seemed taller to me. Finally one day he gets measured my his doc and she says he's 6"1'. The cool thing is that he is always wearing cowboy boots or work boots which add a good 1-1 3/4 inches to his stature. He says he had to stand up taller because he was with a taller woman:tongue:

I dated guys from 5'9" to 6'4" and I can tell you, yes the height was hard for me to get over. I wouldn't have said so at the time but guys that were skinnier or less then 2" taller then me, made me feel masculine. My ex-husband and 2 other boyfriends were 6'3"-6'4" and 165-180 lbs. I ALWAYS felt fat even when I was 155 lbs.

So, My husband, who I am so freakin' in love with it hurts, is tall enough that if I wanna wear my 4-5" heels, he puts on his cowboy boots and he is still taller then me. I will never outweigh him, I will never feel masculine around him and he's 15 years older then me. I love it!
    :love:
  • htalexander
    Options
    I am right under 5'11 and my hubby is 6'0 even..I love it! However, I have actually dated several men shorter than me..one was only 5'7 but he wore motorcycle boots a lot so that helped (lol) and if anyone ever picked on usa bout it his favorite line was "we're all the same heigh laying down" bahahhaa...sleazy but funny I know!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 and my boyfriend is 6'9! :)

We met in college- he was my neighbor at my campus apartment. It took a few dates for me to realize how tall he actually was (not just compared to me)...I was actually more surprised that I found a guy who had the same weird/nerdy interests as me, as opposed to someone who was tall enough for me!!
  • stephaniehope
    stephaniehope Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! I'm 5'10" and back in college I dated a guy who's 5'8" (on a good day) but that wouldn't keep me from wearing my super tall sexy heels!!! When he'd complain, I'd say "I got over you being short, you can get over me being tall." Haha!!!

Well, we didn't end up working out, and then 4 years later I met my almost-hubby!!! He's 6'6"!!!! I LOVE it!!!! I feel short, even wearing heels! We're getting married in 5 1/2 weeks!!! WOO HOO!!! :-)

My friend, Kayla, calls us the Giant & Giantess... I'm totally not offended, it's a badge of honor!!!