Have you started X2?

Options
edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
If you've started the program already, what is your favorite workout so far?

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout was wrestling the DVD'S out of the HORRID packaging and putting them into my shiny new dvd case ... oh, and printing off 2 copies of the workout sheets and putting them on my trainers clipboard (you know the one that has the storage compartment) ... :)
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I recieved my Delux package yesterday! I didn't open the DVD's or books. I did blow up the stability ball and checked out the medicine balls!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday. I've done three workouts so far. I"m a little disappointed overall. But convincing myself that's just because I"m more advanced by just completing Asylum that Phase 1 isn't challenging. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the workouts. But I really think Tony dropped the ball by not adding in Cardio. I just don't get the same calorie burn. That said, I'm glad the program is what it is - because it makes it way easier for me to continue to run and race train for this springs races. The guide says don't do double, but P1 just really wouldn't be enough for me w/o it. I am still able to bike 2x per week, and run 3x per week w/o feeling overtaining or fatigued in my running.

On Ploycide, I had to modify the moves, due to tendonitis in my knee and was told by PT not to jump train. But even modifying the moves, it simply lacks what Asylum had. Intensity.

I did Total Body X this AM - it wasn't challenging and I doubt I'll be sore. I did only 1 round of the 2, because of time constraints (I had done 30 minutes of Physical Therapy Exercises, 40 Minutes of Total Body, and 17 minutes of ARX2) It wasn't total body either - I like Asyllum strength Much better. Total Body X had some moves that I simply wasn't able to do either from design of my Pullup Bar or by fear of injury. I really think he also does a poor job of really explaining every move. The guide this time lacks the specific instruction for each and every move, and I had to stop, repeat DVD or FF and watch then repeat to make sure I was doing it right.

So, to answer the specific question - AbRipperX2 was Awesome!!!

YogaX2 tomorrow, really curious to know what it brings. I've been doing Fountain of Youth, so expect something similar.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    So far I'm just 2 days into the program: Core X and Plyocide. Right now,I'm wondering if I might shorten Phase I as the first two workouts have been okay, but I want more intensity and don't want to lose the ground I had made by doing P90X and Insanity. I'll keep going this week so that I can have exposure to each of the workouts in the week to be sure. Also, I may ad in the ab workout as I've heard good things about it. I'm not quite sold on the effectiveness of the foam rollers just yet. I have a friend who says she thinks they're great. Maybe I just need to give them more time. I am looking forward to continuing to work with the program to see what kind of results I can get.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I am reading similar comments on the TBB message boards that people aren't over enthusiastic about Phase 1 ... In the How to Bring it Again DVD Tony even mentions that Phase 1 isn't going to do much ... If you already have a strong core this phase may be redundant. I suppose that's why they say do from 3-6 weeks depending on core strength. I plan on doing for 3 and see where I sit in week 4

I am somewhat revising my start to December 26th where I will do the "recovery" week. Tonight I have Legs/Back make up and I may pop in ARX2 to see what the final product looks like. I did get the ONE ON ONE DVD but was discouraged quickly by the 45 minute time and the fact that it was really Tony just working out the moves for the final version of P90X2.

I did look over the worksheets for Phase 2 of the program and some of the stuff looks (in words) to be more challenging and a good foundation seems to be why Phase 1 exists.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has to say.

Here's a great thread on the TBB site - http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/140746452?_19_delta=20&_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&cur=1
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Okay; I didn't "start" it but I did do X2 Ab Ripper. OH EM GEE ... that workout is no joke. Less moves, different repetition counts and completely different target areas then the OG ARX. I did Legs/Back tonight from the 1st program to make up for 3 I missed while my legs were not happy campers during month 3.

You guys / gals are going to be cussing at Tony and wondering how the heck he came up with this ... a 45 minute "practice" one on one DVD was honed down to 17 minutes of pure core/ab goodness.

You'll love it ... and hate it.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    did yoga and ab ripper so far, mixed feelings on Yoga, but then again I was one of the only ones who loved the original one.
    ARX2 is a beast if you are not good with isometric moves, and that is one of my weaknesses
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed YogaX2. Great mix of moves, challenging yet attainable (well except that darn Crane). I watched Balance and Power this AM and will do it later today. I ran intense work twice this week and have a 5K run run tomorrow, but need to complete 10 ,miles total, so will run the 3 in the am and 7 later in the day.
  • bmhatcher
    Options
    I just gave Core a try. I liked it because it was different from anything before and I could feel a lot of muscles getting a good workout. I didn't try to max anything, just trying it a warm up period for this before I start on 2 Jan. Seeing how I am more out of shape than I would like to be I think it will be getting more out of this than some of you who have been more diligent!!!

I have not bought the medicine balls (yet). I had a torn rotator cuff from the military and had ortho surgery to "repair" it. Needless to say it still flairs up. Waiting to see what all the workouts use the balls for before I commit to those.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I just gave Core a try. I liked it because it was different from anything before and I could feel a lot of muscles getting a good workout. I didn't try to max anything, just trying it a warm up period for this before I start on 2 Jan. Seeing how I am more out of shape than I would like to be I think it will be getting more out of this than some of you who have been more diligent!!!

I have not bought the medicine balls (yet). I had a torn rotator cuff from the military and had ortho surgery to "repair" it. Needless to say it still flairs up. Waiting to see what all the workouts use the balls for before I commit to those.

well the dreya roll now utilizes the med balls. Most push ups are now doing that ... erm that is what I have seen so far.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Okay ... did P90X2 Recovery and Mobility tonight. HINT: KEEP YOUR REMOTE NEAR BY. You will just be getting a spot and they are moving on to the next area. I am going to be pausing this a lot during the 20 minute foam roller portion of the workout and working on the tight spots in my IT Band area, back and triceps ... and front of thighs ... and and and ... I am looking forward to this workout.