Welcome and Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Janna. I am new to MFP and need to lose anout 80lbs. I struggle to lose weight and more important, I struggle to stay with things! I am really trying to be change and this will be different! I am not sure how this group works meaning how to post my kcals burned or where to post, hopefully someone will point me in the right direction! I am excited to join and get some motivation from all of your amazing numbers! Thanks

Hi Janna! There are monthly threads where you check in as often as you like - some do daily or weekly - and you just report your calorie burns. Here's the one for February: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/475321-feb-tracking-thread. Just ask if you have questions.
  • reikri
    reikri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Reidun from Norway. I think this group is an inspiration to me. I like to do different types of exercises. Like Weight Training, skiing, bicycling, running, zumba, aerobic and so on.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to the group and thought this would be a great challenge that I would love to complete by the end of the year. My name is Ashley and I am 27 and live in a small town outside of Rochester, MN. I have been back on the site for about a week now and am ready once again to lose the weight. Hopefully with some great challenges like this one I will finally be able to reach my goals.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to the group and thought this would be a great challenge that I would love to complete by the end of the year. My name is Ashley and I am 27 and live in a small town outside of Rochester, MN. I have been back on the site for about a week now and am ready once again to lose the weight. Hopefully with some great challenges like this one I will finally be able to reach my goals.

Welcome, we keep track of our own calories and post as often as we want. I try to do it at least weekly. It is a great way to keep track of calories burned and to encourage each other.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome, we keep track of our own calories and post as often as we want. I try to do it at least weekly. It is a great way to keep track of calories burned and to encourage each other.

Please note the new Quarterly Check-in thread... I am really hopeful to see what we can do to help each other along... Hoping that maybe, if anyone has fallen behind - maybe we can get each other (and ourselves) motivated to catch back up!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm just followed Lombrica in here. She's a friend through another challenge that I'm in and I saw she just posted a new thread to this group and I thought I would come check it out. She's lost a bunch of weight and she's really inspiring, so anything she's doin has GOT to be awesome!

Anyways, I read the welcome and some of the introductions and this sounds AWESOME! I'm inspired because I want to lose 100lbs in 2012 and I've got a long road ahead of me yet.

I'm starting this a little behind everyone but I would love to try to hit the mark on this one and still earn the burn of 100,000 calories this year. How terrific an idea!

I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world and he's on this journey with me. He's already lost 57lbs since we started on Jan 3, 2012. We walk 2 miles a day and run C25K a couple times a week. I'm trying to incorporate more cardio in by doing 30DS a couple times a week also.

Good luck everyone and KEEP MOVING!!!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I followed Sherri in here after seeing her post on my news feed. I would love to join and meet that 100,000 calories burned goal by December 31st. I also would like to lose at least 100 pounds this year so this will be another way to help me to keep on track with my goals.

I am a wife and mother of 8 children. I live in a small town in northeastern NC called Garysburg. I walk and exercise to various aerobics DVDs daily. I also strength train 3 times per week. I am looking forward to seeing if I can make that goal a reality.