a little about yourself!

Options
just a brief intro to you and what your all about! tell others why you are you :-)

Replies

• Radcliffe83
    Options
    I have recently opened an estate agents and it is early days. I have always had an office job but been active enough not to get fat. After a combination of lower back, knee, ankle and shin injury I piled on the pounds. Now would like to be down to my race weight (i used to do the odd marathon/half marathon). Although I will need to keep an eye on things as I am also lifting and I don't want to get too skinny (rarely lifted when I ran long distance).
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    when you decide to build muscle, as long as your calories allow for all the exercise you do and leave you in a daily surplus you should build muscle no matter how much cardio you do.
  • cxxviii
    Options
    Hi,

I was raised by extreme health food addicts. My parents were into whole and all natural foods, herbs, healing, health etc. Nothing in my house ever came from a box or a can (except tomato paste). We made our own preserves, yogurt, bread, grew our own veggies, and even kept bees so we could eat our own all natural unpasteurized honey. My parents used to put powdered brewers yeast on my breakfast cereal when I was a child and long before I ever knew what it was. They would administer teaspoons of cod liver oil daily, cherry flavor (yeah, cherry and fish, not a good combo).

Ok, I grew up, moved out and went junk food crazy. Hellllooooo Micky Ds. All the forbidden foods I couldn't eat as a child.

Thanks to my great genes and healthy foundation, I didn't gain weight. I could eat what ever I wanted, until I got pregnant at age 34 and then again at 35. Two in a row. I gained 52 pounds with both pregnancies and then didn't try to lose it because I nursed until the second one was for 1 year and 4 months . Yes I was pregnant and or breastfeeding for 40 months in a row. That's over 3 years.

Then, when the first one was two and the second one just turned one (I was still nursing) my husband got deployed to Afghanistan for one year (his third deployment since we were married) and left me alone with two children in diapers. I had no time or energy for myself. Ice cream and cookies were my comforters.

When hubby got home my daughters were 3 and 2 - I got on the scale.....shocker! 168 - see picture of me in white t-shirt and jean shorts (I am the one who is NOT the gorgeous blonde).

Me? Who had been in shape her whole life? I put on shorts and went for a walk. I dropped 40 pounds in the two years that followed. But I put back 10 and have been there for two years.

I'm here to lose the last 10 pounds forever.

:)))))))))