mini goals

Options
We all have an end goal that we want to reach. Do you also set mini goals for yourself? My first mini goal was to be under 200 pounds by Christmas. I had a rough 2 weeks of up and down on the scale so I'm not sure that I will reach it. As of this morning I am 202.6 pounds. There is still hope:)

Replies

• Calorie_Killa
    Options
    While I have a large overall goal the only way I'll attain it is by setting and achieving mini goals. I have the same goal as you, under 200 by Christmas.
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had the same under 200 by Christmas, but I don't think it's going to happen... I was at 203.9, but then TOM weight gain started and this morning I was up to 205. Grrrr! Oh well, I'll be pretty darn close!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I have a mini goal of 154 pounds which is in the healthy BMI range. I've gotten to 156 but then gained 2 more pounds :( I'll get there eventually!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    to reach 173 lbs which is where I reached when I first started my journey, then had surgery. goal after that is to reach the 160's then its onto the 150's...I go with increments of 10 lbs usually
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Run a 5k in under 35 minutes.

hit 155lbs (healthy BMI). (this is a ways off so I dunno if its a mini goal)

10 lbs down by the time I turn 30 (in June)!
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    In order for me to reach my ultimate goal, I set up mini goals (makes it more achievable that way) I also set up rewards for when I achieve the mini goals...

My ultimate goal is to be 140-135 lbs (hopefully by summer 2012)
    My mini goals and rewards:
    Christmas be 173 lbs (I'm just 1 pound away from this goal)
    1st MG (Jan.)-165 lbs- the reward for this one is a few new articles of clothing
    2nd MG (Feb)- 160 lbs- Going out with a friend (like a date type situation
    3rd MG(April)- 150 lbs-add to my new wardrobe collection
    4th MG(June)- 140 lbs- Swimsuit shopping
    5th and Ultimate Goal-135 lbs-Finish my new wardrobe and get a naval piercing (I always wanted one, and I promised myself that once I lose the weight I will get one)

I will post my exercise goals later on...
  • Trishaf66
    Trishaf66 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to be back at 155 my pre pregnancy weight, I have 15 more lbs to go than I will try for my goal to be 135-140 I hope by my 1 year wedding anniversary May 4th.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to hit 18 pounds lost by Christmas but I don't think that's gonna happen....oh well - just stay on track is really all I can do! :blushing:
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I have only 1 goal - start losing weight again. I have been at 170 for 2-1/2 months. I will lose 1 or 2 pounds and then something will happen - like my back goes out - and I stop exercising for awhile, and start feeling sorry for myself, so I'll eat a pizza or some chips or candy and then gain back to 170. Then I get back to the healthy routine and start the cycle all over again. I swear it's like Groundhog Day.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get to 190lbs by Christmas - only 1lb away!!! I hope we all make our goals!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    My mini-goals were in 10lb increments, with a reward for each one.
    At 10 lbs, I bought myself a new dress.
    At 20 lbs, I got my hair cut and highlights.
    At 30 lbs, I bought a pair of high-heel booties.

I just realized the other day, I hit 40 lbs, but didn't have a reward planned, so now I have to come up with one. I think I'll wait and see what I *don't* get for Christmas and get myself that. lol

A bigger goal was to be at a healthy BMI, which I achieved a couple of months ago.

After I reached my original goal of 36 lbs lost on MFP, I decided to go for another 10 by Christmas, but my baby was sick for a couple of weeks and ended up in hospital for 3 days last week, so with all that, I fell off the wagon temporarily. Now I will aim to complete that last 10 lbs by my birthday (early Jan.) and then focus on maintenance and getting fit.
  • chickpeas83
    Options
    my first mini goal was to lose 10 lbs by christmas, I have always had the hardest time losing weight and its always been super SLOW, I am down 5 lbs, hoping to see 5 more go this week. BUT its not going as quickly as I had hoped!