Hello everyone, I'm new to the group

Options
I"ve been with MFP almost 2 months and need to lose 30 lbs. I have never had a weight problem until I reached my 40's, I will lose 2-5 albs and gain it right back. I'm 52, just starting to go through menopause and love to eat, espcially the chocoate and sweets. I'm not much into exercising and have to talk myself into doing something physical if its just walking. I need help from you all to motivate me. My family has a history of diabetics and heart disease so if I don't change my lifestyle, I'm going to be there too. I eat adkins bars, yogurt and cheese to keep the munchies away which is helping me this week. I take other natural products to help keep me full like a lot of protein. The friends that I have on MFP do help with me with encouraging words, but I need more than that like ideas or suggestions. I will help you and others with the challenge of motivation!! Darlene

Replies

• MartinHarm
    Options
    Hi Darlene, ive been with MFP for a month now and have lost 23lbs-10.5 kgs which i don't want to find again. I am in my mid 40's and like you i'm not much into excercise, but finding walking at night instead of watching tv and eating a packet of chips beneficial. What I found is you need a walking partner and its working for me (sometimes my walking partner is my red dog) and have as many friends as you can on mfp to watch your progress and to help you out when you slip up. The best motivation I have sadly is a couple of people who work with me calling me FAT BOY every day, the real sad part is i'm smaller then one of them now and they haven't realized :happy: . Regards Martin
  • PINKSPARKLEQUEEN1965
    Options
    Hi My name is Simone Renee & I'm here to lose weight not so much for vanity but to preserve health.. I need t be healthy for myself my children and family. are temple should be loved * we should take care of it . I admit in the pass I haven't treated my body with that respect over indulging in foods.. this is a journey that I will achieve only through dedication prayer & all my friends support here on MFP thank you everyone for all your support lovely circle of love family