secret work outs

Options
ok so i think this is a good idea lets all try to find a secret work out while we are at work things we can do on the dl [down low] because i know i do my squats occasionally at my desk and walk around the building on my 15 min. break how about you

Replies

• soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I do squats in the bathroom...I walk around the building....I do calves when I'm on calls (not sure what they're called...toe raises/calf raises...i stand up and go onto my tip toes and down....)

Looking for more ideas though....
  • MercedesV
    MercedesV Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i heard sitting on a large exercise ball instead of a desk chair is good and it makes you work out your core. haven't tried it yet. I'm at the front desk. i might be moving later in which case I so want to try!
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    our building is 1/4 mile from end to end and 4 stories tall .. I walk a couple laps during lunch and take the stairs whenever I can .. take care when using the stairs ... take time and catch your breath before walking into that meeting ...ive NOT done what with embarassing results LOL
  • eilis12
    eilis12 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i do a 30 second plank everytime i go to the bathroom.. Some days it adds up to 4-5 minutes in planks....depending on water intake
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    good good i wish we were aloud a fitness ball @ my desk we are not allowed otherwise i would do that lol and well yeah in the bathroom i also was told to do air punches or ab crunches =] lol crazy but im sure it works also i think i may bring in a light wieght dumbbell maybe like 3lbs or so .. and well join my group desk job ...
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I sit on a body ball, I'm not sure how much it helps, but I know it can't hurt. You do have to engage your abs or you roll around like crazy. I also do squats or lunges while I'm on the phone and sometimes stretch while waiting for copies...every little bit helps!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I sit on a body ball, I'm not sure how much it helps, but I know it can't hurt. You do have to engage your abs or you roll around like crazy. I also do squats or lunges while I'm on the phone and sometimes stretch while waiting for copies...every little bit helps!
    really good for your back posture too
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    LOL! My mom commented on my improved posture...nice change from my being told the "stand up straight" my ENTIRE life!
  • Lippis
    Lippis Posts: 21
    Options
    I do a set of 15 wall push ups and 15 squats every time I go to the bathroom.

Might try bringing my ball in to sit on over the next two holiday weeks to give it a try while no one is around. I could use the help with my posture!!

Oh and taking the stairs all the time now. I second taking a second to catch your breath - I have walked right into a coworkers office full on sucking wind and just had to laugh - at least I took the stairs right?
  • sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I sit and do sets of 10 of clenching my bum and tummy at the same time
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    aww good you guys this great keep it coming .
    and man i wish my job had stairs i would go up and down and as for today
    12/16/2011 i did 5 squats and have been going up and down on my tippy toes =]
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I sit and do sets of 10 of clenching my bum and tummy at the same time
    thats a good one too
  • Miztif
    Miztif Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I sometimes try to count how long I can hold them in;-)
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i heard sitting on a large exercise ball instead of a desk chair is good and it makes you work out your core. haven't tried it yet. I'm at the front desk. i might be moving later in which case I so want to try!

I use an exercise ball at work. I wouldn't recomend it everyday because it does hurt your lower back after a while however if you use it atleast half the day you can get in some 'secret' core exercises and I do crunches on it. And man can you feel a difference at the end of the week :0)
  • steveaus
    Options
    L sit in the elevator is a staple of mine. Just make sure you are not going to break anything before you commit to the hold :embarassed: Nice as these little breaks are to get serious you have to get out of the office.
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    ahah yeah so true i def have to get back on the ball now back @work today =] and well you guys are lucky to have stairs my class just ended but those are the only stairs in my life cause my class was on the 4th flr
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    anyone got any new ones ????
  • Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    did anybody mention chair dips already?
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    actually no
    great idea never did think of that
  • Sthiara18
    Sthiara18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I walk every chance I get and do some mild stretching and chair exercises that include dips and use my water bottle filled with water and ice for my weights.