Does it matter? Race?

Options
13»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think it can matter culturally and/or religiously, some differences are too big! However, opposites can attract so if those differences dont matter and you just click then race isnt an issue. And obviously there need to be attraction :bigsmile:
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    To me, race does matter for dating purposes, simply because I only find myself sexually attracted to white men. Would I consider dating a man who didn't fit that criteria? Absolutely -- if I felt those "tingles" for him...I just haven't yet.

I've ALWAYS had a preference for blue-eyed men, and up until recently, I've also had a preference for light-coloured hair. Flip through my sketch and colouring books from the time I was 3 and up, and you'll see a very specific pattern -- short little me with dark curly hair, and a big boy with light hair and bright blue eyes.

I've been called full-out racist because I'm not attracted to non-white men, which I think is absurd. I'm no more racist than my half Asian / half black sister (I'm white, she's adopted) who will only date white men, or my half black / half white sister (she's adopted) who will only date black men.

If I'm racist for only dating white men, then heterosexuals are sexist for only dating the opposite sex...and homosexuals are sexist for only dating their own. lol
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "You're so pretty for a black girl." LMAO What a ridiculous statement. OP, you're beautiful, period. Lovely skin, pretty smile, etc.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are lovely, no qualifiers!

I've had a few casual romantic relationships where cultural differences got in the way of it developing into something more. These guys also were of a different race than me. It's made me gun shy about those races but I would never turn someone away I was attracted to or loved because of the color of his skin.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on who/what you are attracted to.

I don't set out thinking "man I'm totally going to go after some gorgeous white dude" or "I feel like a black guy today".

Some guys are just attractive, and some aren't. I generally find myself attracted to more white men than I do men of other races, but I've found men of all races good looking or attractive at one point in time or another.

I don't mind if different races date/marry/etc. I have a lot of different races in my family, via marriage, and I love them all dearly. It is harder, I think, to be able to date someone of a different race if you're getting a lot of opposition- but if you love each other, that's what matters.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It says love they neighbor (not depending on color)

Love all People. Sometimes find it hard to like the dumb one that say things like " you are pretty for a black girl"

Other peoples children.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on who/what you are attracted to.

I don't set out thinking "man I'm totally going to go after some gorgeous white dude" or "I feel like a black guy today".

Some guys are just attractive, and some aren't. I generally find myself attracted to more white men than I do men of other races, but I've found men of all races good looking or attractive at one point in time or another.

I do not discriminate, when it comes to a date! I have literally dated pretty much every ethnicity of men. I am attracted to, what I am attracted to; similar interests, a nice smile, and intelligence. I have been in relationships with all white men (I am biracial), but I have dated all kinds of men.

P.s. dated, like hung out with with the intention of an eventual relationship. I don't sleep around.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My mom's grandma was Irish, my kids are mixed. I grew up in a small town up north in Michigan. I was usually the only person of color from Kindergarten - 12th grade. No one would date me at all. Now, I live in Pacific NW. There's a lot of racism and prejudice here. I also attend med school. People make a lot of rude comments to me, even strangers in stores make comments about me and my kids. It sucks! Even outside of my kids school where I park when I drop them off I've seen the police come up behind me multiple times and wonder if someone called because they were scared. I've even had a lady come out of her house down the driveway and down the street, knock on the car window and ask what I'm doing here? People can be so weird.

Other people I've know for years will come up to me and start talking ghetto to me and I look at them like, "What did you say to me?" One friend was using all this slang on my facebook page and when I saw her later she said I'm cool, I had a boyfriend that was black 20 years ago... I'm thinking why in the world is she saying this to me?

I have not dated much at all my whole life, but it is usually someone outside my race, because of the environment I'm in. I wish people could just look at everyone as an individual not just the color of our skin :(

I don't know how you do it, lady. I would've left that place long ago! We have a lot of racism in the town where I live now,in western Pennsylvania but it's not THAT bad!!!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't care what color you are or anything as long as you cook me dinner and wash my clothes you have my :heart: ...:tongue:

just kidding!!

I really don't care though. I generally am attracted to Hispanic men...or tall, with dark hair (I have never been a fan of blondies)

But I would never make race be a reason not to date someone...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Nope. Although honestly I'm not that attracted to Asian men but it doesn't mean that I'm not open for them because after all there's more than just the physical. Personality is what matters most for me.