That Old Feeling is Back

Options
krb731
krb731 Posts: 76 Member
I know this is the Christmas/Holiday season and that this is my first year of not smoking during this time of year since the early 90's. And I'm not surprised that I'm feeling a big urge to light up recently. With the stress of shopping, cooking, and just the day to day grind, I am longing for a cigarette. Its been 10 months and with the exception of the beginning of this process, I've been okay. All I can do now is look forward to my mini goals of reaching Feb. 3, 2012 (one year), making it through this season, and refocus on my workouts.

Okay, I'm done. I just needed to get that off my chest!

Replies

• ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow! 10 months is a HUGE accomplishment! Stick with it! I am inspired by you, and we are all counting on you to make it to one year :)
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I to have had those passing thoughts of lighting up! But they only last a second. I have made it 8 months no way am I going to do that. Like this morning with my Coffee I thought a ciggerette would shure be good. Just the stress of the season.
    What ever you do do not buy a pack of smokes. We can do this yes we can!!!
    I am proud of all of you *smile* your doing great!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Yes, we can do this. We are strong and we know that we DO NOT want to light one ever again. It's just this busy season and the nico-demon trying to talk us into addiction again. We won't give in:noway:
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm happy to say that this weekend came and went without me throwing my hands in the air. The holiday season is going to end at some point, so I am going to be okay. Thanks again!