Invite a Friend for a Workout!

Options
toddlyons
toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
Recently I had the pleasure of meeting kassandra81 in person when she invited me to her gym on a guest pass. I'd like to meet more local friends this way, and encourage you to do the same. Some gyms offer free passes ("free" meaning that they'll call you the next day hoping that you'll want to join!) while others offer day passes at a reduced rate. Even for a small fee, I think it's worth it.

My friend list is all people I hope to meet someday. For me, knowing there are other people in my area going through this makes it easier to bear. And I'm very interested in developing some real-life friendships beyond the virtual support I receive through this website.

I hope we can use this space to arrange some real life get-togethers.

Replies

• kassandra81
    Options
    lmao!!! Did my gym call you the next day to sign up? It wouldn't surprise me!!! lol
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    lmao!!! Did my gym call you the next day to sign up? It wouldn't surprise me!!! lol

Yep. When I got home from work yesterday there was already a message waiting for me. I might call them back. Their website offers a 1 week free pass, so I might leverage them into sending me one "just to make sure" I like the place.

After all, I was only there 90 minutes. The thing I liked most about my visit was the excellent company I had. =)
  • kassandra81
    Options
    haha too funny!!! Definately get some free stuff out of them if you can and want to. If they start trying to schedule you in to meet with people, it's all just a sales pitch.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My bootcamp offers a buddy day every month but with winter Fridays are outside and I only torture myself with 1 day outside I wouldn't want to do that to a new friend -lol- I'm allowed to bring a couple of folks with me, so when it's warmer if anyone is interested :)
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Which bootcamp do you do, beckaboo? I don't mind the cold. I'm in on a Friday! ;)
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do Soldiers of Fitness (https://www.soldiersoffitness.com/home4.php). January's Buddy Day was just this past Friday, but you're more than welcome to come in February! It will be outdoors at Hog's Back unless it's -25 out (with or without the windchill), then we are indoors at the Boys and Girls club on Prince of Wales. I also go for 530-7a but if that's a problem I can do the evening class. I believe Feb's date will be the 17th as it's usually the second Friday of the session.
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be running a 5K on the 19th, but I'm in anyway! LOL