What's your favourite gym in Ottawa?

Options
13»

Replies

• 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use The Athletic Club Trainyards. Not so much into classes though.
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I currently go to Goodlife but have now toured TAC at Trainyards twice and I'm really tempted to make the switch! It is so close to my house, and what I really want is the hot yoga (which is extra at St Laurent Goodlife).

Have any TAC members tried the Power Barbell (?) class? Is it anything like Bodypump (my fave class @ Goodlife)?

The price I was quoted at was 25.95+tax biweekly, it would basically be 2 dollars more per month than what I'm paying for Goodlife now! (57/month)

I've been to several Goodlife locations (Bridlewood, Hazeldean, March Rd, Hunt Club, Walkley, St Laurent, Vanier, Gloucester Centre). My personal favourite is St Laurent and least favourite is Walkley but in all fairness I've only been to Walkley once and it was in the after work hours for a Pump class and just insanely busy.

Make the switch! I haven't been to a Power Barbell class but I have been to many classes with at least over 10 different instructors and have met some of the trainers, they are all REALLY dedicated, knowledgeable and the best part is how nice they are. It makes it so much better if you are going to the gym to better yourself if you work with professionals who don't judge.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of Goodlife (Rideau, Walkley, Hunt Club and used Hazeldean), Florida Fitness, Carleton U, Ottawa U and YMCA Merivale. As well, I have used Gym Max on Hunt Club. The Gym Max was the least favorable.

Top gym, YMCA. It is the best equipped and doesn't mind when I use chalk. That being said, in the gym I am a meathead. I like to use chalk and lift as heavy as possible.
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I go the Athletic Club in Orleans. It is a nice gym. Although, I haven't been going lately as I prefer working out at home or being outside!
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Got rid of my TAC membership. I work at Carleton U, so I have a membership here already and I've started up at KRX Fitness downtown on Metcalfe. It's great!
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of canceling My TAC as well...but feel I'd miss it!
    I just don't go often