Locally available Meal-Replacement Protein shake powders

Options
toddlyons
toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
Hey there,

Right now I'm on Myoplex Original, but I had to order it from the states because I can't find it locally, and the cost from Canadian etailers (like well dot ca) was excessive.

I love the taste of Myoplex, and the added vitamins make it a great meal replacement rather than a simple protein booster / muscle builder.

Does anyone have any locally-available products they could recommend as an alternative?

Replies

• prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I order my stuff from iHerb... It's a US website, but the shipping is fast and cheap. Even though you have to pay duty, it's still cheaper than buying from most Canadian retailers/websites.

I pick up the Promax Lower Sugar bars (chocolate fudge, and peanut butter chocolate), and the Labrada lower carb meal replacement shakes in Neapolitan. I like both the products because they're lower in calories (250 calories a meal), lower in sugar (sweetened with steevia rather than aspartame), not overly sweet, higher in fiber (especially the meal replacement bars at 14g a bar), and they have good vitamin profiles.

The bars were $16.30 per box of 12, and the shakes were $39.82 for a box of 20 (you can buy it in a tub for cheaper, I just like the convenience of the pouches). I got two boxes of bars and two boxes of shakes for $112.24, plus $21.30 in duty. I got a 10% discount for ordering more than $60 in product, so it essentially cancelled out the shipping cost. Considering I got 64 meals out of it, cost me $2.09 a meal. I was pretty happy about it. Plus, I'm saving $$ on groceries! My boys are 11 and 14, and practically eating us out of house and home!!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I order my stuff from iHerb... It's a US website, but the shipping is fast and cheap. Even though you have to pay duty, it's still cheaper than buying from most Canadian retailers/websites.

I pick up the Promax Lower Sugar bars (chocolate fudge, and peanut butter chocolate), and the Labrada lower carb meal replacement shakes in Neapolitan. I like both the products because they're lower in calories (250 calories a meal), lower in sugar (sweetened with steevia rather than aspartame), not overly sweet, higher in fiber (especially the meal replacement bars at 14g a bar), and they have good vitamin profiles.

The bars were $16.30 per box of 12, and the shakes were $39.82 for a box of 20 (you can buy it in a tub for cheaper, I just like the convenience of the pouches). I got two boxes of bars and two boxes of shakes for $112.24, plus $21.30 in duty. I got a 10% discount for ordering more than $60 in product, so it essentially cancelled out the shipping cost. Considering I got 64 meals out of it, cost me $2.09 a meal. I was pretty happy about it. Plus, I'm saving $$ on groceries! My boys are 11 and 14, and practically eating us out of house and home!!

Those Promax lower sugar ones sound great.... I'll look into that, and that iHerb store!

The only stuff I order online is PB2 or Peanut Flour from BellPlantation (friggin MIRACLE product!), and Vitatops/VitaMuffins from Vitalicious.ca....try those two on for size next time you're ordering online!
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    iherb looks like a cheaper option for Myoplex. Thanks, pooks.
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a promotional code I can give to friends and family for a $5 discount off their first order. It's JEJ940.

Happy I could be of assistance!