Holiday Meltdown

Options
This week I have noticed a distinct change in my social calendar. My nights weekends are packed with parties and get togethers that include yummy dips, all things carbs, and many, many drinks. My time for working out is dwindling b/c i have obligations right after work.

I cannot fall off the wagon now. My brother's wedding is in three weeks and the bridesmaid dress is very VERY tight (on purpose, my sis in law to be is in amazing shape) and already uncomfortable.

Right now all I can see is how dominated by festivities my schedule is (which I LOVE as I am super social) and I am starting to get discouraged that its not realistic that I will keep lbs off or lose anymore.

Does anyone have good tips or reminders to keep the munchies and over indulging at bay?! I just LOVE champagne, y'all :)

I always do this, have great progress, start to see a change, then start misbehaving again and letting myself go...

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, my social calendar makes sticking to a diet difficult too but I think if you plan your day such that you are getting a lot of protein at breakfast and lunch, then don't go to the party super hungry, have a cup of broth-based soup or a greek yogurt. Then, get the veggies with like 2 tablespoons of the yummy dip, and look for more protein and veggies-cocktail shrimp is really low in cals.
    Champagne is actually a pretty good choice, it's only about 100 cals per glass so have three, or alternate with club soda (in a glass with lime it looks like a cocktail). And then remember this time only comes once a year, so if there is a treat that is extra special you should just have some.
    You have the two weeks after New years to really get strict if you want to drop 5 pounds then you'll have to stick to a plan-maybe look at Jillian Michaels making the cut tips.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    when i'm getting offered sweets or thinking of going for the dip, i just try and remind myself that it's going to be a lot harder to burn it back off than it will be to eat it.

definitely don't go to any of the parties hungry. eat a nice healthy salad full of leafy greens beforehand so you won't be as tempted. pack your breakfast and lunch the night before and even dinner if you now you'll be rushed after work. if you already have healthy meals made, you won't slip into the mentality of "oh, i'll just grab something at the party."

also don't forget that working out is a great stress reliever. if you can find a way to fit it into your schedule, you're going to feel so much better. if you're short on time, try workouts you can at home do in the morning before work. don't wait until the end of the day because you definitely won't want to work out after a party.
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great tips! and very helpful reminders for this week. Can't say i was great over the weekend, but I figure 2 days can't set me back, it just can't really help me move forward. So back to my best behavior!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I also find that if, for 5 days straight, I eat NO junk, then I really do NOT crave it anymore....I just have to live through those 5 days and I'm pretty good.

So, actually, I think I will have a good week this week, and then we'll see what happens over the xmas weekend - I do plan on "enjoying myself" a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit, lol!!