Jean size?

Options
I'm 5"6..comfortable size 12. You?

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and just getting back in 12s - yippie! 10s, here I come!!!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    5'5" size 16. wish I was a 12 :)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Well, we are all different sizes, shapes and ages... If we hang tough on this journey, we can all be whatever we want to be... It is up to us!!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    People should put weight too and brand of jeans.

I'm 169, 5'6" and a size 8 in stretchy generous DKNY and I can FIT in an 8 in less generous less stretchy brands like Lucky Jeans but its not pretty as ALL my fat is sitting on my belly right now. The 10s are a bit big though and the 12s are just out of the question now, they're ok right out of hte dryer but as soon as I move around in them they start heading south of their own accord.

I think I am "heavy" for my size.

And on top I am mostly wearing a medium except - again - the belly kind of isn't too pretty in some styles. Its just not proportionate because of hte way I'm losing weight (which I'm told is pretty common but argh).
  • lthomas42
    lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Women's sizes are such a pain. They are never the same or accurate. I have a pair of 12's that are TIGHT and a pair of 10s that almost fall off they are so loose.

So I'm a 10-12 right now :P I'm 5'6" and 152 as of this morning!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and roughly 203 lbs. I ONLY wear one brand of jeans, I like the fit and price:) I'm a 16 ALMOST to a 14 in Levi's mid-rise bootcut jeans. I realized I had gained weight when I bought brand new jeans and couldn't put them on when I got home. I have brand new size 14's just waitiing in the closet along with some 12's I wore for a few months almost 3 years ago.... I can't wait to slip into them!
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    5'6 192lbs Size 13/14 in Maurice's Jeans Brands. Just dropped from a 15/16 . Also dropped from an XL yoga pant to a L.
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    5'6 192lbs Size 13/14 in Maurice's Jeans Brands. Just dropped from a 15/16 . Also dropped from an XL yoga pant to a L.
  • tameko2
    Options
    I am 5'6" and roughly 203 lbs. I ONLY wear one brand of jeans, I like the fit and price:) I'm a 16 ALMOST to a 14 in Levi's mid-rise bootcut jeans. I realized I had gained weight when I bought brand new jeans and couldn't put them on when I got home. I have brand new size 14's just waitiing in the closet along with some 12's I wore for a few months almost 3 years ago.... I can't wait to slip into them!

I'm so jealous, my calves are too big for every pair of levis I've ever tried on. I tried on like 6 styles. Its ridiculous.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Women's sizes are such a pain. They are never the same or accurate. I have a pair of 12's that are TIGHT and a pair of 10s that almost fall off they are so loose.

Yeah - its not even just brand, its like the factory they were made at and the cut and the give of the fabric.
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a little under 5'7" and 174.5 lbs. My jeans range from 10's to 14's. I always get the stretch ones, so they are a bit more forgiving than regular jeans. I think I am pretty much a 12-14 though.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Still in my size 18's... I'm def. a pear shape. :laugh: (I have a size 16's which I can just get into now! :bigsmile: )
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    Well, for my fellow Canadians, I will refer to Reitmans jeans. The Comfort Fit ones with no button or zipper (the ones that you wear a size smaller so that they fit right!) Back in April, I bought new jeans for a trip. I bought 15s, the largest size in the "regular" section. Since you size down one, I probably should have been shopping in the plus section. I'm now in a 7. And a medium in their yoga pants!!
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    I only really buy jeans from Gap and Old Navy jeans because I like the fit for my curvy body. I wear a size 14 which is definitely welcomed from the size 18 I was originally. I'd like to get down to a size 10.

Question, does anyone wear a different size in slacks? I don't but im just curious if anyone does.
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'6" 174lbs and in a size 13/14, but wear size 16 because I can't afford anything right now. So I am constantly pulling my pants up.
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I''m 5'6 and 157.5, and I'm in between and 10 and a 12, depending on the brand. I'm big in the hips and behind, so it really depend on the style of jean.
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Couldn't agree more!!! I am 5'5 1/2 and 164. I can wear a 10 comfortably (New York & Co. dress pants), but the legs are getting baggy. I have a size 10 jean from there too that fit good, but I also have a pair of 10 skinny ones and they always fall off my butt.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Question, does anyone wear a different size in slacks? I don't but im just curious if anyone does.

Yes! I can wear jeans about a size smaller than slacks. slacks are a LOT less forgiving around the waistline than jeans are and that's where all my fat is!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's interesting how we can be around the same weight but still wear a slightly different size, based on how we carry our weight. 5'6", 178 and I fit into a size 10, Old Navy Flirt cut. I ordered a pair of skinny jeans from Kohl's Elle brand size 12 and perfect fit. All of my size 14's are loose.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Yes! I can wear jeans about a size smaller than slacks. slacks are a LOT less forgiving around the waistline than jeans are and that's where all my fat is!

I'm the same size in slacks, though I haven't bought any new one's. My 14's are so lose, except my 14's in Gap those fit perfectly. I've noticed everything depends on the brands and cut/style.