Ugh...Frustrated...

Options
knurse1987
knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
Hey, so I went home for Christmas and there is sooooo much junk food around here...I am not so worried about the sweets...I can ignore those, but my fami;ly eats so different then I do...I had pasta for dinner tonight and it was a small portion, but I usually try to avoid that. I did bring my own food for those times that I just cannot eat what is served...but anyhow, I can go to the gym, but I was tired tonight after my long travel to get home so I went or a brisk thirty minute run. Something which I havent done for a few months and I did really well at it...So do you all think it would be okay to just run this week instead of going to the gym? Would it hurt me? I am just trying to not gain any weight this Christmas...just cuz I am home doesnt mean I can splurge, but I still wanna lose weight...My diet is going to be slightly different too, such as a few more carbs...I am still staying in my calorie limit...I am so desperate to lose weight and have lost 15 pounds so far. I do NOT want to put it back on this week...

Replies

• Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! As long as you're exercising in some way, watching your portions and writing it all down you'll make it through this holiday. Just take it one day at a time :happy:
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    Running is awesome but I still think you should go to the gym and mix it up a bit. Is that what you were doing at home? And running on pavement can be taxing to the body. My shins were hurting this week :( and I only went on one run and did good too but it had been awhile for me also.

But yes! To the gym. :smile:
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! And no, at home all I have been doing is weights adn cardio ina gym...dont really have anywhere to run...but here I have a place to run adn I kinda miss it and it is easier then going to the gym at the moment so I was thinking maybe a change in routine would be good? But wasnt sure...
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    Yeah I think a change to routine is always good. I know sometimes if you keep the same routine for awhile it can slow down or halt your weight loss. Especially when you lose a certain amount of weight and hit that wall. When I got down to 140 145 pounds I hit a wall and my goal was to be 130. I ended up gaining 10 pounds back since I hit that wall last year and have been maintaining that weight.

So switching it up is usually for that purpose. Right now I try to do my Kung Fu twice a week, running at least one to two times and I throw in some Yoga whenever my friends are free. And next year I'm starting an aerobic class that's twice a week. :)
  • PINKSPARKLEQUEEN1965
    Options
    hang in there I'm a sweet junkie too what ive learned is to keep sugar free hard candy on hand that was when i just have to have a sweet treat i can without blowing my total diet also when im out for the holidays passing Starbucks my favorite treat i there is gingerbread loaf I have a slice but only eat half ive come a long way in the discipline area with sweets im proud of myself you can do this just take one day at a time