12/19/11

Options
PlanetVelma
PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
Good Morning Everyone

Just checking in to see if anyone is still doing the early AM workout.... I am working a short week this week, so I'll be logging the days I get up but I may be cutting out a few workouts this week since I have a ton of cooking/cleaning to do on Thurs/Friday.

I hope everyone is having a great week!!!

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was up at 4am getting my early workout on but I didn't have time to log on the group! :frown: I will see you in the morning! :smile:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously lacking in motivation lately. Any advice for getting up early?
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Mondays are the hardest for me to get up and get my AM workout on. I do go to bed a bit earlier on Sun & Mon nights so I don't have a hard time getting up in the morning.

Try moving your alarm clock (or phone) further away from the bed so you're forced to get OUT of bed to turn off the alarm.

Get all your clothes, HRM, shoes, ready and laid out for the AM.

I do a lot of prep on the weekend/night before - as an example, i make oatmeal for the entire week. I portion it out and everything when I make it so I can just grab it and go. I don't have to cancel my workout to make my breakfast.

It does take a few weeks to get used to getting up early to workout, but once you've done it for a month, it's become a habit. :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    @kacee75, I try most of those things already, especially the clothing prep, but am just having a hard time with motivation to follow through lately. I really appreciate your thoughtful response though.