Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #22

Options

Replies

• kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    cw: 175

no change from last week - that is okay - I am trying to maintain, but enjoy the holiday foods too - I don't really want to feel deprived over diet restrictions this week - I would rather feel smarter than past years by making better decisions than in the past - I want to enjoy the foods, but not to the point of being miserable. - Come January it is back on track full force.

Thank you CCC for playing a vital role in helping me shed 35 pounds since July. You are AWESOME!!!

On a personal note - Tuesday we will be going to court to finalize the adoption of our 9 year old foster son. He is just beginning to think of himself as a part of our family instead of a "foster kid." This morning he said, "Thank you for making this the best Christmas of my life."

Merry Christmas all!!! I hope you find joy in the holidays and some positive motivation to start the new year.
    :heart: Kristin
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    CW: 224.2

down 0.2. its a loss

I have lost 20.2 lbs since joining CCC. I want to say Thank You to all of you for helping me get to where I am at today. Without CCC I dont think I would have been able to lose what I have lost without the support.
  • want_it_25
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!! So glad to hear all the success. I feel the same..this group really kicked off my journey and I feel like I am going to make it this time and keep it off once I get there.

Kristin - I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear more about your happy family in 2012:flowerforyou:

We are leaving for a camping trip today..might go do a little shopping now too :huh: :bigsmile: The weather should be good so I am planning to be very active hiking and biking.

Happy 2012 to you all :happy:

:heart: Judy
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options

On a personal note - Tuesday we will be going to court to finalize the adoption of our 9 year old foster son. He is just beginning to think of himself as a part of our family instead of a "foster kid." This morning he said, "Thank you for making this the best Christmas of my life."

Merry Christmas all!!! I hope you find joy in the holidays and some positive motivation to start the new year.
    :heart: Kristin

Awww, that got me choked up. Beautiful, happy news! :smile:
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    :heart: yay!!
    welcome back Jenn!!
    well made it through the holidays.
    and on a new chapter .
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back with us Jenn! Hope you and your daughter are starting to feel better X :flowerforyou: X
    Well done to everyone on keeping up with the weight loss challenge!
    We are awesome X
  • MarlenaLB
    Options
    Jenn I am so glad you are back I was worried a out you. The chart looks awesome. I am so proud of everyone. I ended the challenge at 125lbs but I have lost inches. I went down a couple paint sizes. I can wear a size 28 and I was a size 31. I am going to miss everyone. I think we need a valentines challenge. lol
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday we did actually finalize the adoption of our son. It was a happy time - A really cool and beautiful memory to treasure. We also went and got new family pictures taken. I am a little curious to compare last year's Christmas picture to this year's picture. I think I may look a little different. Woo Hoo!!!

Also I went shopping yesterday and bought 2 size 12 pants and some medium sweats!!! That was totally unexpected!! I was happy about getting into a size large, but when the large size was missing from the rack I went ahead and tried the medium.
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Hope you all had a very merry Christmas, what are Your new years eve plans?? Have you decided on your resolution? I know for most of us here it will be the same, lose weight, but I want to take that a little further, my new years resolution is to excersise more often sk I can lose weight . I really hope we can start another challenge together. I've tried joining other challenges, and they just aren't the same as y'all!

Thank you all for the sympathy wish my fiancé and his family are doing ok.
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday we did actually finalize the adoption of our son. It was a happy time - A really cool and beautiful memory to treasure. We also went and got new family pictures taken. I am a little curious to compare last year's Christmas picture to this year's picture. I think I may look a little different. Woo Hoo!!!

Also I went shopping yesterday and bought 2 size 12 pants and some medium sweats!!! That was totally unexpected!! I was happy about getting into a size large, but when the large size was missing from the rack I went ahead and tried the medium.

Congrats on getting the adoption finalized! What an amazing Christmas present!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    So, I started off at 208 and finished off at 195, which ended up being a gain from last week. Got to love Christmas! However, 13 pounds is still pretty good. I'm just going to keep on going!
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My final weight was 235, so I lost 25 pounds overall. Lost bunches of inches as well and I feel so much better than I did when I started.

Thanks so much, Jenn, for organizing this, keeping track of everything and setting us up with all those challenges that kept us motivated. I truly appreciated it.

I wish you all a wonderful new year and much success with whatever your goals are for the year. Dream big and then go get it!

-Chris
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Hey CCC ~ I feel good about how I ended up. I am doing great and I want to thank you all for your support! It seems that everyone has dropped off here. I am running a group called Positive Changes for Life. If you would like to join us just message me and I will send you an invite. We are a great group full of support and most important accountability!

Happy New Year to you all and I know that 2012 will bring us lots of success!!!

:heart: Judy
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to you all for your hard work throughout the last 5 months. You really did an amazing job! I am just getting to look at the posts now and it is incredible to see the losses you guys have had :) I apologize again for screwing up the challenge right at the end. I can only imagine how frustrating you all must have been and I can't tell you enough how sorry I am.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are starting your year off on a lighter foot :)
  • want_it_25
    Options
    Jenn-Don't worry about us being upset. Noone is upset with u. U needed to take care of u and your daughter thats what matters most.
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    I MISS Y'ALL!!!!!!!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I MISS Y'ALL!!!!!!!

we need to start a new group!!
  • PositivePower
    Options
    We did......I would be happy to add you. Alot of the CCC'rs are in the group :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Miss you all too!!!! Come to Judy's super awesome group :-)