Are you.....

Options
13»

Replies

• Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was never a huge coffee drinker until this past year when I experienced a little taste of heaven on earth - Oaxacan coffee!!! haha. We moved to Mexico last year and one of the main exports of our state (Oaxaca) is coffee. Our tiny town (Pluma Hidalgo) has the most amazing coffee I have ever tasted. I can hardly drink anything when we go back to the states b/c it is sooo stale tasting to me. I even went to Whole Foods because they sell coffee beans from Oaxaca, and it was good, but not quite the same as picking, drying and roasting it yourself:) YUM!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    You Momma, have become my new favorite pal. SO close to the deliciousness of Mexican coffee .
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You Momma, have become my new favorite pal. SO close to the deliciousness of Mexican coffee .
    bahahaha!! Too funny!!!
  • zippo32
    Options
    images28.jpg
  • capsfan28
    Options
    new to drinking coffee? Wondering what is your favorite types of coffee, flavor, how you make it and why you like it? Do you use a press? Do you drink coffee black?
    How does it fit into your cal./ goals?

I love using my french press && i rarely ever drink drip coffee (cold brewed) to me, it just tastes soooo much better when its made with the press.. when i put cream/ sugar in my coffee, which is rare, i use organic sugar (im just not that into the substitutes, however i only use 1 tbs so its not like im getting too many calories) && since i cannot drink milk, i use light vanilla soy in place of the cream, if im not drinking black. Since I use a minimal amount of soy/ sugar.. my morning cup of java fits perfect into my calories/ goals (:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    2796929617_cffb32c7ee.jpg

is how I have been doing it lately. I just finished making an espresso from some Intelligentsia beans.
  • zippo32
    Options
    Well, I'm off soda for Lent.........................that means iced coffee for me in the afternoon...............
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I mix a buttery caramel coffee (iced) with a cookies and cream protein powder - omg it is my slice of heaven!! I dont know what I would do without my coffee!!!
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a dolce gusto krups machine that looks like a little penguin. I make the most amazing caramel macchiato with it. On some other days, I make an expresso and I complete with 250ml of milk (around 100 calorie) and 1 cube of sugar (15 calories). This is the only way for me to drink milk.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Options
    I might as well have an IV drip of coffee every morning - so in other words, I am not cutting it out anytime soon! I drink it with creamer, and make my own vanilla flavoring :) Or I will have it iced mixed with my Cookies and cream protein powder - to me it is like having a frappacino - SO DELICIOUS (well at least to me!)

I brew my own in my drip - but STRONG.
  • zippo32
    Options
    images11-1.jpg
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Options
    images11-1.jpg

Now that is what I am talking about!!!
  • katzblood
    katzblood Posts: 41
    Options
    mm coffee. vietnamese coffee, regular coffee, coffee with milk, instant coffee, I'll drink any of it. I love my coffee.
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hey fellow drinkers i drink it as it comes with two sugars i do prefer milk ...loving the pic above i want a coffee drip haha
  • Prefessa
    Prefessa Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi Guys:

Self proclaimed Java fiend!! My Standard Brew....I blend 1 can of Melitta Euro Roast with 1 can of Melitta Hazelnut. I brew it in...what else...a Melitta Pot. For some odd reason 36-38 grams of blended coffee, in a size 6 filter cone, then use 203-205 degree F flitered water (A tea kettle full of water just off the boil + 3 Ice Cubes=203-205 deg F). Brew using the recomended bloom n brew technique, then I transfer to a Themal Caraffe. Smmmmmmoooooth!!

Most of this is from the Melitta web site...the weight was determined from the recomended dosage on the can and the temperature...well that is a tidbit taken from "The Industry". I was on a project at work years ago with a big coffee perveyor...and the brewing parameters were industry standard.