Low fat/calorie Lasagna

Options
missjoci
missjoci Posts: 412 Member
Low Cal Turkey Lasagna

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-lasagna-i/detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/worlds-best-lasagna/detail.aspx

I took a dairy free approach to lasagna, or as I like to call it Joci-style food. I did a half batch of the recipes online, it made about 6 portions depending how much you eat. Each being about 220-255 calories depending on your version. Use more sauce and lasagna for a more hearty portion.

Servings: 6
Calorie Content: 1516
Calories/Serving: 253

24 oz -Classico Sweet tomato Basil Sauce (120 calories)
1/2 lb -ground turkey, extra lean (187.5 calories)
3/4 c -minced white onion (34 calories)
1 med -garlic clove minced (4 calories)
3 Tbsp -Extra Virgin Olive Oil (360 calories)
1/2 c -warm water
1/8 c -baby bello mushrooms (10 calories)
3 c -uncooked spinach (30 calories)
3 Tbsp -fresh chopped basil - 3-5 leaves (1 calorie)
1 Tbsp -fresh chopped parsley (2 calories)
1/2 c -Daiya mozzarella cheese (180 calories)
7-8 oz -lasagna noodles, 7-8 pieces (588 calories)

Directions

Making the sauce: Brown the ground turkey and add the minced white onions. Cook until turkey is mostly done. Add sauce, garlic, basil, parsley, and mushrooms. Cook down further. Add water if necessary to loosen up sauce. Add spinach last and turn down to simmer.

While the sauce is cooking bring a large kettle of water with 1 tsp of olive oil, to prevent sticking, to a boil. Boil the lasagna noodles for 9 minutes, then drain and rinse well with luke warm water.

Preheat the oven to 375-400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Assemble the lasagna: Spread 1 cup(or so)meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Arrange a single layer of lasagna noodles, then spread more meat sauce and sprinkle 1/4 cup Daiya cheese/mozarella cheese (or desired amount)on top. Continue alternate layers like this. Meat sauce, pasta, meat sauce, cheese, etc.

Cover the pan with foil and bake the lasagna for 25-30 minutes. If the foil is touching the top cheese layer, try spraying some nonstick canola or rubbing with olive oil and replace the foil. Serve hot and enjoy!

Turned out very delicious! Bon Appetit!