Chomping at the bit ... but

Options
KarenBorter
KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
I am looking at my schedule for the next 2 weeks and even though I would like NOTHING MORE then to start I know that it would be a "false" start and I couldn't exercise the way I want to ... so as much as I want to I am waiting til the 2nd to start. I have done the X2 Ab Ripper though and it is a beast ... don't let looks deceive you if you've scanned the DVD's this one is a MUTHA ...

but but but i want to start :( ... meh.

Replies

• ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I understand. There's no way I could wait. I tried the Phase I for a week, but felt I wanted to push it more already. After having done the P90X and Insanity for awhile, the Phase I wasn't hitting some of the muscle groups in the depth that I wanted and I didn't want to lose ground from P90X.

I'll be curious to see what you think once you do get started. It is nice to have some new workouts. Keeps it fresh. I'm not quite sold on the foam roller portions yet, but maybe that will come with time. I do have a suggestion for you, if you have not already purchased the medicine balls. When you do purchase some, make sure they provide a rigid surface. Unknowingly, I purchased some by Reebok that, while they provide the weight, they are very squishy. They do not make a good platform from which to do plyo-pushups and such. In those instances, you'd probably actually be better off with something like firm soccer balls. Just a suggestion.

You're right about the ab workout. I just did that last night and felt that I had a good workout from that.

I hope it goes well with you.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I purchased the deluxe set from beachbody so it came with 2 8lb medicine balls and they are very rigid. I am also curious about how I will react to phase 1 since I have been doing P90X for a year. We'll see ... Just found out I have January 2nd off (i work in a small office so not always the case) so will have time to do the first workout that day.