What's Your Favorite Cup of Christmas Cheer?

Options
pixlamarque
pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
The holidays are only getting started with Thanksgiving and Christmas down here in south Louisiana. After that are the 12th Night celebrations, the weeks of Mardi Gras balls, and then the parades. Oh, the parades. It is the one time of year that I eat Popeye's chicken (spicy only, ya heard?) and jambalaya and pastalaya and all those things that I outlaw outside of Mardi Gras season. And then right around the corner are French Quarter Fest and ................I could go on, but I won't . Suffice it to say, we are only getting started with our holiday season when most of you are getting finished and a lot of time is spent outside in the cold at various celebrations. So to keep warm, we drink Bun Warmers. Trust me, your buns will be warm and if you drink two, your lips will be numb.

Bun Warmers

One serving of hot chocolate (the good stuff or out of a package, your call)
2 oz. of Southern Comfort
2 oz. of Peppermint Schnapps
Mix and enjoy the minty hot chocolate. It doesn't taste like it has much of a kick but that Southern Comfort will kick you in the rear if you aren't looking.

What are your favorite holiday cocktails? Any holiday will do.............

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm my favorite drink is a Mint Julep... I look forward to the fresh mint every summer just so I can make them!

But for a hot drink I have to say just a baileys and coffee is what I want to sit on the couch with!

I hope to get down to New Orleans one of these years! Maybe you can show us around!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm a famous tour guide. I might be a little out of practice since the kid, but I'd be willing to brush up. We would probably spend all of our time in restaurants.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I am with Ms Loves...coffee and Bailey's but one of my favorite drinks is homemade egg nog with 3 liquors and the Old Fashioned!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oooh - for a girl who doesn't drink much or often, I've got lots of favorites. ;)

- My mom and grandmother and I always have Bailey's and coffee on Christmas morning. Mmmmm....
    - My favorite wintertime drink in general is hot chocolate with Bailey's. Perfect before bedtime!
    - A favorite everyday drink: rye whiskey with ginger ale (rye & ginger in the Great White North). Use a decent rye - Crown Royal will do
    - Summertime means gin and tonics or mojito or cosmopolitan (with fresh lime juice) or...

Really, I could go on but you'd all think I was a lush... :D