Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
Hey!

Please invite some friends, firstly.
Also introduce yourself!

What kinda games do you own?

What would you like to own?

Favorite game?

Game that started you playing?

"Basic sold at Target" game you still play?

Any kind of games youd like to get into?

Replies

• screwtop_gangsta
    Options
    Gloria

I have Telestrations and Apples to Apples and Uno

I'd like to get a copy of Last Call and Snatch It

My favorite games is Telestrations, by far!

I started playing Uno

I still play Uno

I like word games and party games :drinker:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm Angela

I own A LOT of board games. Apples to Apples, 2 versions of Clue, about 4 versions of Monopoly, Risk, Sorry, Aggravation, Cranium, Life, Dominos... I know I have more I just can't think of them.

I would like to own the Settlers of Cattan. (sp?)

My favorite games are Clue and Risk.

The first board game I remember playing is Aggravation.

Basic "sold at Target" game I still play: Monopoly

I also like to turn my board games into drinking games :drinker:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    What about you Jovialation? :)
  • screwtop_gangsta
    Options
    What about you Jovialation? :)
    Hmmmm
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Well I own about 120 different board games.
    I play a lot of building games, I guess you'd call em. Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Dominion...
    One of my favorites is actually a co-op called Pandemic.

Ive played family board games all my life, really. Fluxx (card game) started me on this stuff tho.

I still play...hm...not that many if any games that are normally seen in regular stores lol

Id like to just play some of the games that my bf and I own that we havent played yet lol
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm David
    My group of friends plays Risk once or twice a month. i own 4 different risk boards. also have trivial pursuit, cluedo, 3 awesome chess boards, 5 or 6 chinese games (one is called tiger versus goat) and more magic the gathering cards than i would like to admit but I haven't played in years.

last game we played was riskopoly which you play risk and monopoly at the same time. you can google the rules. it was loads of fun.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Nikkie and I'm a boardgame geek. True that. I even have an account on boardgamegeek.com to prove it. ;) My collection is relatively small at about 50 games.

My family often had Family Game Nights when we were kids - Clue, Life, Trouble, Sorry, as well as card games - Euchre, Cribbage, etc.

As a grownup I found Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, and Dominion. Opened a whole new world!

I love cooperative games like Pandemic, Forbidden Island, and Arkham Horror.

I enjoy too many games to mention, but here's a short list:
    - 7 Wonders
    - Qwirkle
    - Cabo (independently published card game)
    - Identik
    - Finca
    - Court the King
    - Pillars of the Earth
    - Downfall of Pompeii

Joviolation - many of these Eurogames are finding their way into Barnes and Noble stores! We're geekifying mainstream! Woot!

My basic "sold at Target" game would be Apples to Apples. We play at work over lunch every couple/few months. :)

Do you folks know about the free places online to meet and play boardgames? http://www.brettspielwelt.com and http://www.yucata.de/en are places I visit most often. My handle there is "Nikkie". If you get into it, look me up. :)
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I'm David
    My group of friends plays Risk once or twice a month. i own 4 different risk boards. also have trivial pursuit, cluedo, 3 awesome chess boards, 5 or 6 chinese games (one is called tiger versus goat) and more magic the gathering cards than i would like to admit but I haven't played in years.

last game we played was riskopoly which you play risk and monopoly at the same time. you can google the rules. it was loads of fun.
    I seriously doubt Ill ever play Risk or Monopoly much ever again, otherwise Id look into it lol

Hi! My name is Nikkie and I'm a boardgame geek. True that. I even have an account on boardgamegeek.com to prove it. ;) My collection is relatively small at about 50 games.

My family often had Family Game Nights when we were kids - Clue, Life, Trouble, Sorry, as well as card games - Euchre, Cribbage, etc.

As a grownup I found Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, and Dominion. Opened a whole new world!

I love cooperative games like Pandemic, Forbidden Island, and Arkham Horror.

I enjoy too many games to mention, but here's a short list:
    - 7 Wonders
    - Qwirkle
    - Cabo (independently published card game)
    - Identik
    - Finca
    - Court the King
    - Pillars of the Earth
    - Downfall of Pompeii

Joviolation - many of these Eurogames are finding their way into Barnes and Noble stores! We're geekifying mainstream! Woot!

My basic "sold at Target" game would be Apples to Apples. We play at work over lunch every couple/few months. :)

Do you folks know about the free places online to meet and play boardgames? http://www.brettspielwelt.com and http://www.yucata.de/en are places I visit most often. My handle there is "Nikkie". If you get into it, look me up. :)
    I own all the ones that arent a part of your "short list" lol

Here's my incomplete list
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JoviAllTogetha
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Super! I've only got Monty Python Fluxx - but you've got the whole dang collection! :)

Ok - here's my collection link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Nikkie_too

I'm not sure it's quite up to date, but pretty close. :)
  • Jovialation
    Options
    hah I gave away Monty Python Fluxx. After awhile it got so old we just couldnt stand to play it anymore.

I play a LOT of Fluxx, tho. Ive taught all my friends how to play
  • Alast
    Alast Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm Andreas, probably Nikkie's favorite game partner ;) We actually met at www.brettspielwelt.de :) I have a small collection of approx 150 games (never counted them). I say small, because I know way crazier gamers ;) But I'm a total geek anyway, even designing games myself. Not sucessful yet, but still hehe.

So, what kind of games do i own? Basically all kinds, trying to have a good mix for all occasions. Some of my favorite games are:

Go, Agricola, Puerto Rico, Dominion, Pandemic, Ghost Stories, World of Warcraft - the Boardgame, Tichu, Werewolves... stop me any time ;)

What would I like to own? Well, thats a long list ;) Power Grid, Eminent Domain, ConHex, Aronda... stop me any... ;)

Game started me paying was Settlers of Catan in my youth. Since then i got the virus and grew up to a serious gamer.

"Basic sold at Target" game you still play? Well, thats a tough question. I don't know what they sell at Target ;) I'm not American. I come from boardgame country Germany. No Target here :P

Any kind of games youd like to get into? Eminent Domain, Eclipse, Descent, Panic Station, Post Human Z... well, you know.

Like Nikkie I'm as said on brettspielwelt and also on yucatan. Always Alast, so if you want, I'm another one to play with ;)

/edit: David, no worries, i got about 12 casual decks for Magic. Stand to your addiction :D
  • Jovialation
    Options
    My bf and my best friend both have Magic Cards. hahaha. Loooaaads of em.

I own and love Power Grid, btw.

I'm so glad to see another board game geek here!
  • dubist
    Options
    I can't seem to get my group of players to get out of the risk bubble. we are playing tomorrow night.
    I just bought "race for the galaxy" to play with my faux nephew. looks like a fun game.

Any of you play D&D?
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I have that one! I havent played in a long time but Im pretty sure I loved it.

No D&D here, was never patient enough for that or MTG and now I just keep telling the bf that we'll never be "that couple" (mostly cuz if he teaches me hell always be able to kick my butt)
  • dubist
    Options
    I have that one! I havent played in a long time but Im pretty sure I loved it.

No D&D here, was never patient enough for that or MTG and now I just keep telling the bf that we'll never be "that couple" (mostly cuz if he teaches me hell always be able to kick my butt)
    just looked up fluxx looks like fun. would make a good present.
    you think fluxx or family flux for a 6 and 10 year old?
  • Jovialation
    Options
    either one, really. its a little complicated but once you get it, its so so fun and easy.
    so - whichever you see first? lol

Its definitely one of my favorite things ever in life, though.
  • Nikkie_too
    Options

Fluxx is fun! I think the 6-year-old might have trouble with regular Fluxx - a player needs to be able to read the cards. Depends on the 6-year old. :) I haven't seen the Family Fluxx though - maybe that handles the reading/language issue.

Blockus or 3-D Blockus are good family games. No reading/language needed. :)

I've never played D&D, but might try it someday. I've not yet gotten into RPG.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    blokus is a great family idea! not so much for a household of just two adults....bf and i figured it out too fast and ended up getting rid of it lol
  • dubist
    Options

Fluxx is fun! I think the 6-year-old might have trouble with regular Fluxx - a player needs to be able to read the cards. Depends on the 6-year old. :) I haven't seen the Family Fluxx though - maybe that handles the reading/language issue.

Blockus or 3-D Blockus are good family games. No reading/language needed. :)

I've never played D&D, but might try it someday. I've not yet gotten into RPG.
    I haven't played D&D since my teens. I always try to get a group together, unsuccessfully.

3D Blokus looks fun. I already ordered 2 family fluxxeszes online. rush delivery.might make it in time i was racking my brain what to get them that wasn't a piece of plastic or cost an arm and a leg.
  • Alast
    Alast Posts: 33
    Options
    I play D&D too. A friend brought me into his group :) I play a bratty gnome sorcerer who causes trouble wherever he can. Its so much fun :D

Powergrid is a great game, yes. I just dont own it yet. Have played it so far on the BSW (brettspielwelt ;) ).

Race for the Galaxy is pretty cool. I own that. Its a complexer San Juan. I like them both. San Juan also on BSW ;)

I also have a Fluxx. But dont play it anymore. I think its too chaotic and can take to long for what it offers. Ok, not always, once i actually made a first turn win That was hilarious. But other games can take for ever...

I'm not sure if Blokus really is a good family game. I think it depends on the age of the children, as its an apstract strategy game with no luck included. Parents might stomp their children pretty badly. But i totally agree about Blokus 3D :) Ok, abstract strategy again, but totally different. Actually it was originally released as Rumis. If you can find that, rather take this than Blokus 3D, because Rumis looks way nicer and hast wooden tiles instead of plastic. Its an abstract game too and has no luck included, as Blokus. But the tiles are three dimensional and thus great for children to learn three dimensional thinking. It atually won a lot of prices, like the teachers choice award. And while its not childrens turn, they can build towers with their remaining tiles. Adults do that too pretty quickly. I talk from experience :D