you are what you eat??

Options
ogosun
ogosun Posts: 175 Member
You are what you eat. Problem is, it’s hard to know what you’re eating these days – not to mention where it came from.

Replies

• mallred76
    mallred76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So I don't label myself as a Flexitarian, but that's exactly what I am. I try to eat whole foods, organic when I can. I've been strict in the past following a 100% raw vegan diet, but these days I just try to eat well on a budget.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i hate labels!! but....i try to eat mostly plant-based and a lot of seafood....and yes, poultry and meat on occasion.
  • ogosun
    Options
    So I don't label myself as a Flexitarian, but that's exactly what I am. I try to eat whole foods, organic when I can. I've been strict in the past following a 100% raw vegan diet, but these days I just try to eat well on a budget.

I couldn't agree with you more.... Budget is a factor as well for me also....
  • ogosun
    Options
    i hate labels!! but....i try to eat mostly plant-based and a lot of seafood....and yes, poultry and meat on occasion.

so glad to see we are out there.... "flexitarians" that is.. i know it sucks having a label....
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

so glad to see we are out there.... "flexitarians" that is.. i know it sucks having a label....

If you're going to label it something though, atleast all of the crazies out there can't get angry with a term like this.... yet...
  • charlerae
    Options
    In the past I have eaten a vegetarian and for a short while fruitarian diet... well my eating habits tend to get away from me while I am preggo but the problem is I never really reeled them in after the last of 4 children 4yrs ago... Needless to say I am now at my heaviest and I am now making small changes in my diet to get back to where I used to be which is eating a mostly vegetarian diet with a little seafood here and there and MAYBE another meat on special occasion...^_^
  • ogosun
    Options
    In the past I have eaten a vegetarian and for a short while fruitarian diet... well my eating habits tend to get away from me while I am preggo but the problem is I never really reeled them in after the last of 4 children 4yrs ago... Needless to say I am now at my heaviest and I am now making small changes in my diet to get back to where I used to be which is eating a mostly vegetarian diet with a little seafood here and there and MAYBE another meat on special occasion...^_^

Good on you for making those small changes, they totally make a difference on how you feel also.... :wink:
  • barbarella90
    Options
    Yep, and it's quite obvious with me that I have been eating the wrong things for a long time. Actually, that is true. I am looking forward to getting in tune with my body so I will know what foods have a negative affect. Looking forward to sharing in this group.