The Attack Phase

Options

Replies

• appleshack
    Options
    Incredible progress Paul and Appleshack!!

I've just completed 3 days of attack phase. I'm planning to do it for four days, so tomorrow is the last day of attack phase. I'd lost one pound on the scales this morning. The weight isn't falling off me like it is for others but every little bit helps.

Appleshack, yes, I have done the true weight thing on Dukan's website. It says my ideal weight is 58.5 kgs. I honestly don't think I can get that low, or really that I even want to. I am just over 69 kgs now. I would be happy to be in the low 60s.

Thanks Tushka

My true weight is 78kg but I don't think that I have ever been that skinny, except at birth :laugh: I have chosen to stop at 90Kg as I am quite tall(5.9ft) and I am big boned.

Good luck!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    appleshack,

you are doing amazingly well. Congratulations.
  • janebink
    janebink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello Shaz

Welcome to the Dukan Diet! I started last March and I was 16stones 10lb. I've probably put a bit on over Christmas but last time I was weight I was 14st 9lb. I started again properly today and I will be getting weighed at the doctor's tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on. I find it a really easy and useful diet because if you do have a bit of a blip you can easily make up for it by going back onto the attack phase.
    I hope you stick with it because it really does work. I'm a serial dieter and there aren't many I haven't tried but a guarantee that if you stick by the book this one really does work! I've got a bad back at the moment so I'm finding the walking a bit of a problem but I'm still expecting to lose this week!

Good Luck
    Janebink
  • fletch79
    fletch79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm starting Day 1 of the Attack Phase today - It's really encouraging reading all of your posts and how much weight you've all lost. For the first time, I'm actually feeling like I will be able to keep to this diet.

I have 38 pounds to lose and according the great Dr Dukan, I will reach this on 20th May! Really hope so :)

I've had scrambled eggs and low fat bacon without fat for breakfast. Does anyone have any ideas for snacks during the attack phase? I think this is where I'll get a bit lost.

Good luck everyone!
  • janebink
    Options
    Hi Fletch

Welcome to the Dukan Clan!
    Two words - Seafood sticks!
    They are a lifesaver they are virtually all protein and they taste quite sweet. They are low in calories and you can have as many of them as you can stomach! I keep 3 packs in the fridge at all times and if I'm in a hurry just have a few for my lunch.
    I didn't think I would like them till I start Dukan but its amazing what you can get to like!
    Best of luck - you can do it!

Janebink
  • fletch79
    Options
    I'm very surprised by the weight i am losing. I lost 3lbs after the first day and 1lb after the second day. I'm now on day 3 and feeling very motivated!
  • janebink
    Options
    Good for you Fletch keep at it!

Janebink
  • bean42
    bean42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Fletch,

Good luck! I'm in my 6th week and I'm already half way there!

My tip is bits of precooked chicken. I don't know where you are based but I get tikka or bbq mini chicken fillet slices from the supermarket. If I'm sitting at my desk I'll mix them up with a couple of tablespoons of yoghurt, sounds a bit odd I know but it tastes just like coronation chicken if you do it with the tikka bits.

My other tip is ham and low fat cream cheese, spread the cheese onto the ham then roll it up. A little tube of protien goodness, you can also do this with smoked salmon, I live on this stuff!

Ellie
  • fletch79
    Options
    Hi Bean, I like the idea of ham and cream cheese (or salmon) - I love all of that.

I'm in Cheshire, UK. I've starting developing a thing for seafood sticks also! Well done on your progress so far, amazing!

I'm getting tired of the attack phase but only another 2 and half days to go on it then I can have veggies :) Can't wait!

Good luck moving forward x
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi, pleased i stumbled upon your group. I'm having no joy losing the 25lbs and getting disheartened so thought i'd give this a go from Mon (allow me time to finish the book and stock up). You're all doing so well its inspired me not to give up on losing weight.
  • bittybooh
    bittybooh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    stick with it rbfitness, it really does work. There is a lot of support here, take advantage of it! Good luck, can't wait to hear how you are doing! :happy:
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This diet is really good! I'm going to start again this week as i am plateauing again! Love eating protein though cause it keeps you so full :D
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    so far day 1 is going really good. i feel full. according to the website i have to stay on attack phase for 7 days. I wonder if it hurts to stay on longer?
  • goneundone
    goneundone Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HI All,

I am on day 1 of the Attack phase. I've gained 25 lbs in 6 months due to over-indulging and going off my paleo-style diet. I will be on the attack phase for at least 5-days. My name is Ashleigh! I look forward to participating in this support group!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fletch79--

Some of my favorite snacks are: fat free turkey (deli), Chobani vanilla yogurt, Dukan Pancake, Dukan (chocolate) muffins, sugar free Jello, and 2% cottage cheese. I have some recipes on my blog if you're interested -- good luck!!!

http://me-on-dukan.blogspot.com/
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    I read that on dukan you dont have to count calories. But ive still count to stay at 1200 a day. Does anyone else count theres?
  • goneundone
    Options
    I think it would help with weight loss.. as long as you are not starving. I was considering counting mine today to see if it's anywhere near where I should be.. about 1600 calories.
  • goneundone
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the Attack phase. I've lost 3.6 lbs!

Lastnight I drank Vodka though. I did some research online and found that people who drink Vodka still lose weight. Of course I don't plan on doing it everynight.. but lastnight was a social event and I just went for it.

We'll see how this effects me. Now to my tuna+egg scramble!!
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    stick with it rbfitness, it really does work. There is a lot of support here, take advantage of it! Good luck, can't wait to hear how you are doing! :happy:

I lost 5lbs on 4 days of the attack phase! :smile: - i'm thrilled even if it is mainly water weight. Strangely I found it easier to stick to protein only rather then alternating with protein/veg days. Shame sweetcorn isn't allowed :smile:
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    Im on day 4 of attack phase and i just want to say that ive never looked forward to having a salad so bad in my life!! lol... im looking forward to eating vegtables again which i never enjoyed before. Also i can't wait to make the vanilla oat bran muffins i found on elfo's blog.. I know these dont start until cruise. Are you only allowed one muffin a day on cruise? Also, I do feel full from the protein, its pretty weird but i have gotton a few headaches.