Today in yoga ...

Options
Post how your yoga class went!

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I don't take a class. Right now I do yoga each morning before I leave for work. It was great this morning. I didn't fall or anything! :laugh:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    No class. I just do yoga based on what I've learned from my father and from Rodney Yee, which is basically the same stuff. I have a routine memorized, though I've never had instruction from a yoga teacher, so I'm sure it's not perfect.

That said, today's practice was short, but good. I like to think of the pain as a healing fire.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    hmmm, for the first time ever, 4 people up and left my class half way through. It was super easy! Was a student farting or something? I've never had students leave with out first telling me that they have to head out early for something else. Should I ignore what happened or snoop around from them to find out?

*~*

I mean, how hard is it to just go to sleep if you don't want to do a reverse plank pose?
  • busywaterbending
    Options
    okay, so asked one of the students what happened on Mon, he told me he had to leave early for a doc. appt. Wow, not used to students not giving me a heads up. okay. not a problem, but glad to know that it wasn't something else. :)
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    hmmm, for the first time ever, 4 people up and left my class half way through. It was super easy! Was a student farting or something? I've never had students leave with out first telling me that they have to head out early for something else. Should I ignore what happened or snoop around from them to find out?

*~*

I mean, how hard is it to just go to sleep if you don't want to do a reverse plank pose?

Yeah, they should of definatlely told you about leaving early, its just the polite thing to do for you and the other students. If you see one of them you should ask what was up...maybe they might need modifications. Otherwise they were just rude.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My high anxiety was calmed.....................
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have been practicing Ashtanga yoga for about a year now, but last night I did my first Mysore class and it was quite a revelation. Although I struggled with my focus at times, I feel really elated today and it has renewed my enthusiasm for my practice.
  • iamvillanueva
    Options
    I rocked firefly pose....yes! :happy:
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options

wtg, that's so awesome!! it's my dream pose :happy:
  • busywaterbending
    Options
    so, my students don't do back bending enough. Or understand the importance of flexing the quads. Their quads are not stretched or used enough, and I want to challenge them to focus on lifting the knee caps and flexing their quads when they have to straighten their legs. They are so lazy!

I focused on a whole class of just feeling what it's like to concentrate on just the thighs in pretty basic postures. They hate me now because it blew their mind that they actually have to use their quads when they want to straighten their legs. *smacks palm to head* What lazy teachers came before them that my students never were taught that? :( hopefully they will now grow in their practice!
  • Califragilistic
    Options

wtg, that's so awesome!! it's my dream pose :happy:

Me jealous... I live for the day...