How do you make your Soft Bake Cookie

Options
starsnyc21
starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
Hello MF'ers....

Well I purchased the new soft bake cookie and so far I am not understanding how this is suppose to turn out. I followed the directions completely and I got a dry hard ball of dough. I than microwave it thinking it would magically look better and it just turn into a solid inedible rock of dough. Than I tried to make it again adding more water than recommended and it was sticky and nasty. I microwave it again thinking maybe it would dry out and it turned into a hard inedible mess.

Please, please, please tell me what I am doing wrong with this stuff. Considering this box of cookies cost $16 buck, I don't want to waste another pack and failed attempts.

Any ideas???:sad:

Replies

• flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't have much help for you. I prepared it according to the directions both times I have made it, one time (the free sample packet) was very dry and hard to look like a cookie so I ate it raw.

The second time with a packet from the box I ordered turned out nice and soft and looked like a cookie when I cooked it. As far as the brownie looks like a brownie. ;)
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Maybe you got a bad box. I don't know. I make mine all the time. I use 2 TBSP of Da Vinci Sugar Free Cookie Dough syrup instead of water. I microwave it for a little longer (1 minute 45 seconds) and I love the way mine turns out. Kind of like a chewy piece of bread.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I make mine according to directions though I do fill the TBS up over the top and microwave for 75 seconds which I think is what the directions say. Mine have turned out great except for once when it WAS hard. Perhaps your microwave is super strong. I also sometimes chop 2 or 3 almonds or pecan halves and stir that in too if I can spare the healthy fats. I keep a container of cream cheese mixed with french vanilla or english toffee sweet leaf stevia in the fridge and when the cookie (or brownie) cools I spread a TBS of that on top! It is very good. I just remembered that I also am careful to spread the dough out well in the little pan. Seems they do better than way.