Anyone have or had a cat?

Options
Gshepmix83
Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
Along with dogs I have grown up with, I also grown up with cats. I had 4 in my life time but recently my black cat name Blackie of 20yrs (yes I said 20yrs) passed away 6mons ago. We got him when I was 7yrs old. The other cats I had, we didn't had for long because of apartment rules or they had to be put down because of their health. We had 2 girls (Katie and Brandy) and a boy name Morris. We got hm when he was a kitten. He looked like the 9 lives cat.

Replies

• caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hehe, I have 4. :flowerforyou:

Current house we're renting doesn't have a yard, so no dogs yet. I would really love one though. And I'm betting our big kitty (who's all of about 14 pounds of rough and tumble) would love a dog who can handle his antics better than the other cats can (the smallest of whom is a delicate 7.5 lbs.)
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Two cats let me share their house :laugh: Occasionally I'm mean to them and take them to the vet, who sticks needles in them or worse still, thermometers up their behinds :noway: On the whole I think they love me though, even if it is just cupboard love.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have a rescue kitty. She was about 4 months old when we got her 13 years ago. She was found tied up in a plastic bag and is still very wary of men but is getting better. :-) I'm glad she decided we were good human pets and has stayed all this time. :-) :-)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My cat is 9 years old. I like to think that he is mine. In all actuallality, I am his hooman. As we all know, that the cat runs the household not the human. But I wouldn't trade for all the money or gold in the world. I purchased him from a pet store as a kitten. He was approx 6 weeks old. The clerk at the store gave him to me for 60% off because he was ugly and no one wanted an ugly cat. Well look at my profile picture at my ugly duckling. Yes he did turn into a swan. He is beautiful, and he is all mine. Yes I am slightly selfish when it comes to him. He is after all my furchild.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    We had an awesome rescue cat growing up, she was a stray a friend of my grandma's found in her garage and she already had cats so my mom took her so we could have a pet. I was about 8 when we got her and we had to put her down right after I graduated from high school. We didn't know how old she was but the vet guessed about 16. She was a beautiful long haired calico named Lovey. :smile:
  • charisxena
    Options
    5 cats here :)
    Socks, Mittens, Tia, Marble and Tiny
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have 4 cats and a rabbit, my son calls me a crazy cat lady with a bunny :) We have a 9 yr male Tabbie/ Maine coon Trouble ( hes the King) 8 yr siamese Emmy aka the ninja kitty I'm her momma and she doesn't like to share her momma and we have 2 7 yr white cats blue eyed Thumper aka the mouth and Bambi yellow eyes we call her Prozac kitty. Our bunny Flower is 4 she is the bossy bunny and out smarts the cats all the time. She's also on a diet and gives me the long eared brown eyed looks to get me to share with her. Works most the time. lol The are my Furbaby's and each one is so different then the other. They really do make my day. Our lives are better for having them :)
  • Chip10k
    Chip10k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have four wonderful kitties! I have Mai Tai, a stray siamese i rescued about two years ago. she is a beautiful and wonderful addition to our family. Then i have Sydney and Mokey, both are platinum mink tonkinese and finally i have LuLu who is a natural mink tonkinese. They are all great cats and have such different personalities. i love them all!!! :heart: :smile:
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I did have a cat called Rayne, she lived to 16 years old. We rescued her when she was a year old and also took her last kitten. Rayne came with me when I moved out of my parents. Sadly we had to put her to sleep on 31 Dec 11 - she'd gotten a major infection and there was no guarantee that she'd pull through the medication. She was a great cat, so much personality...don't think I'd have another cat now though - introducing a new one to my 4 huskies might be a slight issue lol!!

php8kSImxAM.jpg
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have five cats. Oswald, Aphrodite, Manson, Kahlua and Aurora.

(Manson and Oswald is in this picture)
    photo-4.jpg
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone talks about their cats....I can so relate!! :laugh: I wanted to click 'quote' on virtually every post!!

I have two little furry angels - Mr Glover and Marvin James.

They were both rescue cats, we adopted them from the RSPCA when they were both 3 and they're now 5 and a half.

Mr Glover is named so because he has half a tail - and we were told when a cat loses his tail it's called being 'de-gloved' ...the 'Mr' just suits him! He is a little chunky monkey (he's on a special light diet which he doesn't like very much!) and more of a dog than a cat!. :laugh: Think 'Simon's Cat' and that's Mr.G!!

Little Marvin is a miracle cat and a local celebrity (http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/RSPCA-helps-miracle-cat-new-home/story-12255571-detail/story.html) - he was found almost dead with a gash almost all the way around his neck which had become infected. They were going to have to put him down but everyone loved his little personality so much they kept him fighting. He is very scared of people (even my partner, Andy!) but loves me!! :happy:

I could not be without my boys - they are my furry little sweethearts! Coming home with them there to greet me (greet me...who am I kidding - sitting by their bowls meowing!) is the best feeling in the world!

I have a picture of them in my profile...
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love them :D

I had 2 growing up, Bilko (black & white) and Lucy (black) They died aged 11 and 13. Lucy from a road traffic accident (her 2nd one) she lived through the first when she was young. Bilko had to be put down, he was very ill and in pain, wasn't getting better so it was the best thing to do for him :(
    They were both such great cats and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to grow up with them, it made me such a cat lover now :D

I also had 2 cats when my partner and I got our own place July '10, Jackie and Eva (both black & white) Sadly we didn't have them for as long, Jackie went missing last July and Eva got killed in a RTA this past November. We're not on a main road so weren't worried about that sort of thing but I suppose they like to wander a bit. They were spayed, but just real outdoor cats, loved it out there!

I would like some more cats in the future but not planning any until we move later this year (quieter area and lots of other local cats) so I think it'll be safer for them there :D
  • Donna3939
    Donna3939 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 cats (and 2 dogs!). The cats are called Dinsdale (10 years), Suki (8 years) and Poppy (9 months).

Dinsdale has used up god knows how many lives. He's been attacked by foxes twice, the first time he ended up with a broken leg, the second time puncture wounds to the chest - you'd think he'd learn not to go into the woods over the road!! He's also been shot by an air rifle, which skimmed his spine, when we used to live in our old house, and has been in numerous fights with the big bad neighbourhood moggies (he's as soft as clarts!!)

I've also got 4 angel cats: Magnum (he died under anaesthetic during a neutering op at 6 months old), Fenchurch (Magnum's littermate and sister, pts at 9 months old after being diagnosed with feline aids and drastically going downhill days later - we think Magnum may have had aswell it at a more advanced stage and thats why he didn't survive his op. Magnum and Fenchurch were from our local rescue and their mother was feral, we think she passed it on during their birth), Kilbane (died at 9 months RTA) and Lina (my heart cat - died at 4 years RTA)

I couldn't be without a cat now, and neither could my hubby. x
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have two kitties-they are litter mates from my husband's previous cats. They are tuxedo cats, going to be 11 in June. Animal is the tiny one-she's about six lbs, but her name is accurate to be sure ! (she was named after the muppet Animal, the drummer whos' wild and rambuncious). Angel is my diva cat-she's heavier about 11 lbs. She is a little prima donna. My she's my bedtime cuddle bug (although she wakes my husband up each AM to FEED HER!!!).
    I love them both as if they were chldren. They are my first pets-I never had any before I met my husband and his cats, so they hold a special place in my heart.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've always had cats. Currently I have:

Pywacket (adopted as a kitten)
    Selkie (my now 10 year old bottle baby)
    Banshee (the wonderful 3 legged cat)
    Osiris (the blocked cat who was sated for death before I stepped in)
    Cherub (the amazing paralyzed cat)

I'm a vet tech. Can you tell?
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    We've got three!

Izzy is my 9 year old mamas boy! He's not happy unless he gets at least a half hour of mommy/kitty time spent sitting on my lap on the couch.

Shiya is my 5 year old. She's all white and super tiny...just 6lbs! She's such a sweetheart! Don't think she's got a mean bone in her body!!

Newman is my newbie. He's 10 months of pure kitten, except, he's huge! I think he's part tiger or something!!!!! He's always up to something, and usually breaking something. I've seen him get into swinging fights with my toddler!
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    Here's my furbabies:

Newman.jpg

Izzy.jpg

Shiya.jpg
  • sundance1983
    sundance1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have an old man cat who is 18, sadly because of varies housemoves he currently lives with a friend, his health has defo gone down hill but we've figured moving him to where i am now would probably kill him off so he is staying at a friends. I feel bad as i have refused to go see him (i would rather remember him as he was). So now i am step mum to my dudes cats Ellie and Oscar 3yr old bro and sister. OMG Ellie is a nightmare at the min, scratching the walls, trying to tip over food bowls, trying to bit us, yup they have both been fixed but think she is being a typical teenager!! Think im going to loose my voice for shouting at her LOL naughty step here we come :D
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have an old man cat who is 18, sadly because of varies housemoves he currently lives with a friend, his health has defo gone down hill but we've figured moving him to where i am now would probably kill him off so he is staying at a friends. I feel bad as i have refused to go see him (i would rather remember him as he was). So now i am step mum to my dudes cats Ellie and Oscar 3yr old bro and sister. OMG Ellie is a nightmare at the min, scratching the walls, trying to tip over food bowls, trying to bit us, yup they have both been fixed but think she is being a typical teenager!! Think im going to loose my voice for shouting at her LOL naughty step here we come :D

heh on of my cats has your screen name
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    We have brother and sister rescue kitties named Wiley and Gray. They are the light of my day :heart:

2012-02-19174954.jpg