• mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My baby girl... Calliiope

DSCN9452.jpg
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have 2, Wickett is 13 this year and was named after an ewok (although he answers to anything just in case there's food involved). If he wants to wash his tail he plonks it in my hand to hold it still for him so he can reach the tip. He also manoeuvres us from a belly-rub into holding his back feet before he nods off. He'll do his best to keep his feet in my hand if I try to move away too.

2151_48759693615_5805_n.jpg

He 'lets me share my, oops sorry, his bed, and is the best furry alarm clock on the planet :laugh:

Cleo is a rescue kitty. We think she's about 10. She is very much a princess/diva. She loves her fusses, but you can't pick her up. For the first few years she often bit or clawed us for no apparent reason, but she's fine now. She always runs to greet me when I get home, demands a kiss, and wraps her tail around my leg. If she wants attention she'll ruck the carpet or bite my laptop lead :noway:

2151_48759698615_6123_n.jpg

They both claim they hate each other, but if either one of them accidentally gets locked out in the rain the other will go mental to wake us up and let them in :happy:
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough to have my Kit Ten Cheese (Troy when he was in trouble). He was 20 when he passed away earlier this year. He was with me through everything. He even traveled across the country with me for a year. I let him out to gallivant and he always came back in the morning. Okay, he stayed out a couple of times for two days ' he must have found a lady so we had. Wait for him... :-) He played fetch, brought home his kill, loved to spoon and pushed his weight around chasing our Rotten, Freyja, down the hall on his two hind legs 'yelling' at her. He was amazing! :love:
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    190071_510649095627525_836936423_n.jpg
  • faeofthedark
    faeofthedark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh so true,

I have two rescue cats, both boys about 6 years old now who we got last November. Arg (Ginger and White) and Garibaldi (Grey and White). I've also got 7 rabbits and 2 fish tanks:)

387292_150382108395445_1317392462_n.jpg
    384128_150349401732049_137633104_n.jpg
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I have 5 +2

5 that are mine and 2 that come daily to the cat cafe.

These are mine...
    kitties.jpg

I have always had cats growing up but after my cat Puss had to be put to sleep at 17 years old, 10 years ago I said never again...HA! All but 1 of my cats has come to me as a stray and 1 abandoned newborn. The only one I chose to have was the abandoned kitties litter sister who was born the next day but wasnt rejected, if I hadnt had her at 6 weeks old she would have faced the same fate as her mum, semi feral and pregnant at 5 months old, couldnt have that!

I think one of my neighbours cats is trying for the longevity record...hes 24 years old. He is still (just about) jumping fences, will be a sad day when old Tommy dies.

Poop, having problems resizing ... http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/pod1167/?action=view&current=kitties.jpg
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    AnotherAustinGirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have several cats. The one in my profile picture is Skwirl.
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love your cats, they are so beautiful. All my life I had dogs, never thought I would own or be own by a cat. Growing up my mother always said they didnt have a personality and wasnt smart. I would visit family and friends that had them and loved them but still never thought one would melt my heart like a dog.

One day while over my mother's I heard a sweet little noise coming from the storage area on her porch. I dug through and found an adorable little black kitten, it was love at first sight. My husband said if you want her you can have her. I had no idea how to take care of a cat. He had a few after he left home. I was like how do I teach her to use the kitty litter, lol. He said she would teach herself. I took her home and she was my baby. Yep sure enough she knew what the kitty box was for.

She would talk to me all the time, sleep with me. She was always by my side, such an angel. If my bedroom door was shut she would hang out side the door and talk to me and my husband said I would meow right back to her. My heart breaks that she disapeared and never found her. I look at every black cat and wish it was her. We moved about a month later in an extra place my in-laws have and they HATE any animal, so I dont get another baby till we move. My husband gets in trouble because I will talk and play with every stray that comes by. But thankfully he understands the void in my life and thats one of our main reasons for wanting to move.

My mother was so wrong about cats. My baby and the strays calm my nerves no matter how stressed I am. The other day I was so mad at my mother in law, my nerves was through the roof. We were sitting out side and my husband pointed and said "Hey look theres one of your friends". I dont have friends here and when I turned around sure enough my little furry buddy came over to see me and made my day, calmed my nerves. My life is empty with out a fur baby of my own. Again thanks for sharing your babies cause even pictures of cats make me smile. :heart:
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    AnotherAustinGirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have several cats and have had lots of cats over the years. I have sort of a one person rescue organization going on, I guess. The cat in my picture is my cat Skwirl. She and her sister and brother were found by a co-worker of mine at about three days old. Their mother had been run over by a car and killed. He raised them for about a week and then I took over.

The brother is now the cat in residence at the Austin Zen Center. I still have the sisters, Skwirl and 'Ween (short for Halloween).

I have two cats who are 17 years old, Buzzy and Twinkie. Twinkie hated the kittens when they came to live here and treated them terribly (not physically though). She is 5.5 pounds and now 'Ween is 9 and Skwirl is 13.5 pounds and payback is hell for poor Twinkie! They mostly just tease her, they don't try to hurt her but it wouldn't take much. She usually stays in one part of the house they don't frequent.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've had a few cats growing up. Gremlin was my first cat. She got pregnant by a stray we fed named Butterscotch, had two litters of kittens. We kept the first litter and gave away the second. Many of the first litter either ran away or were victims of the road. The last member of the litter, named Rodent because we thought he was a rat when he was a newborn, died when I was a senior in high school. He died of a brain condition, and more than likely old age. When I was in middle school, we found an emaciated cat in our yard. We took him in and nursed him back to health and he adopted us. We named him Kittenface. He went up to Canada with my mom and dad when they moved up there and he passed away last year.

My fiance has an old gal named Chinchilla. She wasn't supposed to live past the age of two due to cancer, but here she is.However, she's gotten very bony and extra finicky as of late because she lost her companion in November of last year. I have to force feed her in hopes of getting her to gain some weight. Then there's Peanut. We adopted him in late December, when he was almost three months old. He is now a year old and has become more of a brat than he was when he was a kitten. I can't wait for his adolescent stage to be over! It's like having a moody teenager and a destructive toddler all rolled in one!
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    currently I only have 1 cat. I have always had at least 1 cat in my house. I don't know what I would do without having some sort of pet sitting in my lap or beside me when I sit down anywhere. My cat is about 10 yrs old right now. She is my fat cat. She weighs about 20 lbs but should probably only weight about 8. She loves to eat. She is a black calico (beautiful). Other than her weight she is a healthy loving cat.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Violently allergic to cats.
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    Grew up with Kitties, and after graduating from college I adopted Grace. She was about 6 months old and so cute! Now she is a four year old, fat, happy couch kitty. Although my boyfriend and I often joke that she is more of a Dat... she has a lot of dog like quirks. She drools, a lot, loves belly rubs, and can't meow properly ever. Its comes out as more of a Mea-k I'd say. Lol. We love her though.
    Then when Grace was about 2 I decided she must be lonely while I was away at work so I brought home Kyla... I had no idea what I was getting into. She is two now, and smart... too smart. She gets herself into trouble frequently. When she was a kitten I would put her in the bathtub with a ping pong ball to wear her out so I could sleep.... Now she loves to play catch with hair ties and if no one is around to throw them for her, she shoots them across the room herself, using her toes and her mouth. Its pretty hilarious to watch sometimes. She loves to eat plastic bags and will get under the kitchen sink to get at them. I've heard this is common among Siamese and Siamese mix kitties....
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i have 7cats right now 6 girls and one male. and also had a cat since child hood and she lived til she was 21 years old. i also have one dog and two rabbits and two guinie pigs.
  • ropermom
    ropermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a calico nap kitty called Surprise. She was a surprise from my wonderful husband.
    I have had cats all my life and I'm telling you, she is the sweetest I've ever seen.
    She likes to hug.:heart:
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I currently have four. The baby of the group may as well be my actual child; she was a backyard rescue (we knew there was a kitten pile in the neighbor's yard, but after hearing them cry for hours I decided to climb onto the fence to see them, and was eye to eye with a stray baby with no family at all!), and imprinted on me to the point where she'd follow me from room to room and cry if I walked too fast for her to follow. <3

She's about 6 years old now, and only talks in chirps and purrs, but will answer every question you ask her! Lol!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    20121027_122204.jpg

This is my kitty, Kyo. I actually found him outside, and he ended up being the sweetest and most social kitty I have ever met. I took him to the vet once I brought him inside and based on some of his behavior, the vet suspected that he had been abused by his previous owners, which confuses me because his previous owners also neutered and declawed him. Soon, we will be getting him a friend from a local shelter. We plan on naming the other kitty Amadeus, so I will be updating this again soon!
  • taffymangos
    taffymangos Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i currently have two kitties. Both are indoor cats. Demeter (Demi) and Artemis (Artie) we had named them after the greek goddesses :smile: the name i use for mfp is from two of my beloved kitties who passed way before. I also have a dachshund named Hoyt. he is my running/jogging buddy. he loves going to the park with me. :laugh: :wink:
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh yes,,,,always had cats. Right now, I am owned by Gandalf, Sherlock, Brown Sugar and Ziva. Awesome fur-kids.