Who runs?

Options
Dundreggen
Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
And what type of Keto do you do?

I have taken up running again and am shocked at how easy it is. My first time out I was doing 1 and 1 intervals but had no prob going 5k. When I did it the first time a couple of years ago we only went 2k and it was hard. I am pretty close to the same weight and same fitness starting out. The next time out I did 2 and 1s for 4.4K.

I am wondering if this is sustainable on straight up keto?

Replies

• dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I totally relate! I found running was like walking on air after I'd been keto for six weeks or so.

I completed C25K before this way of eating, but I stick to sprints now, as I've heard it's better for fat loss. I don't see why it wouldn't be sustainable.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I run 10k/6m about 3 times a week. Straight up keto.
    First few weeks on keto I felt more tired than usual and my muscles were very sore after each run. Took a while to get used to it but 6 weeks into it I was back to normalish 51min-10k. I still dont run as fast as I did during the summer though 47min-10k. Either blame that on keto or my less rigourous training schedule.

edit - added my 10k times
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have been a walker - completed the 3 day 60 mile walk for breast cancer in October. I want to run, I need to run... I have a 5K in March and an Iron Girl Tri in May, so I have to get running! Been on keto about 4 weeks now - energy not bad, but not great. I am doing strength training, Pilates and cycling.

I am so used to taking carbs with me on intense cardio -- can't figure out how I am going to do it on keto?
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed with 60 miles in 3 days!