Eating to sleep

Options
Wez317
Wez317 Posts: 14 Member
I have trouble sleeping during the day. I often get up and snack to fall asleep. Warm milk, pasta etc. These extra calories are adding up. MFP identified just how much. Any ideas or suggestion? What to eat or drink? What works for you.

Replies

• gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would definately suggest protein....keeps you fuller much longer....a protein shake....mmmmmm...berry is my favorite....but if you really want food, food....perhaps some tuna...something sweet would be an apple...added protein to would be peanut butter....milk isn't horrible, is it fat free? I would also suggest staying away from carbs...those carbs often end up being empty calories...happy holidays & sweet dreams!! :)
  • Wez317
    Wez317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Working odd hours, I've read proteins take a long time to digest and interrupt sleeping during the day when the body wants to digest. Tuna is advised no more than 1 or 2 cans a week. Predigested protein shake maybe worth a try, calories are a concern and liquid volume for obvious reasons. Carbs- grain based or fruit ? No carbs that's tough! What lefts? Vegetables.