great idea

Options
jmuhnie
jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
I work an irregularly rotating shift, days, evenings and nights. I have had a horrible time trying to stay on task because I eat 4-5 meals a day when i'm working/not being able to sleep during the same day. My motivation tends to wane around the end of a 10 hour shift hitting 2 am. Like right now, I go on shift in 9 minutes. I have already been up all day but couldn't sleep. I have hit my calorie mark secondary to a great texas roadhouse trip with the spouse...but now what do I do?

Replies

• Wez317
    Wez317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep triggers the cravings. Using MFP to look back over the last 24 hours to see how much you have already eaten, might motivate you to fight the "want to eat craving". When you know you have consumed enough calories and aren't physically hungry, your mind just thinks you should be. Rotating shift scrambles the bodies natural cycles and patterns. Digestion, sleeping and eating. It's a daily battle. Calories are my battle. 1600 a day goal, 4 weeks in to this I've done it once. That's because I passed out exhausted and slept 12 hours. "but now what do I do" look for foods you will eat that have a low calorie density, usually ends up a fruit or veg. Broth base soups hit the mark. I 'll eat grapes instead of peanuts, cucumbers with salt instead of beef jerky and any progresso or hungry man soup.
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I get cravings I will drink a Sparks or an FRS...both are energy drinks wth lots of super Bs which are the building blocks of energy....also, almonds & walnuts...great for a snack & they fit perfectly in your pocket....filled with lots of good fats...how much water are you drinking? Water is not only great for the body, it's ZERO calories & helps the belly fill full...:)
  • Wez317
    Wez317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Almonds and walnuts super foods, a lot of benefits. Calorie dense, tough balance without exercise. Water excellent! Do you count coffee?
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Plenty of coffee here. No cream. No sugar.