Post Christmas Thoughts

Happy Day after Christmas. Okay, I did really great during this holiday weekend. I have not eaten a great deal of food that would sabbotage my efforts even though I was surrounded by a ton of Italian goodies (some of which I contributed to the feast for our dinner). I do have to get better at logging my food intake and activity. I will post a link to an article that I received in my daily email from the ADA (American Dietetics Association to be the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in January 2012). The title is "Obesity Doesn't Have to Be Your Destiny". There is not a great deal of information in the article but, the title alone resonated with me to the point where I want to focus on building new life changing habits over the next 22 days until the spring semester begins - you see I have gotten to the point where I am using a wheel chair to get around - this is unacceptable for someone who has the use of her legs. I am not exactly sure how it happened - well I do know, I just can't tell you the particulars. Anyway, my legs have gotten weak and I have begun to lose muscle mass. That is something that is extremely difficult to get back once it is lost. So, here is my pre-New Year resolution: I will log on everyday to MFP everyday and log my energy intake and expenditure. I will do something each day to strengthen my legs each day, and even if it is bedtime I will do something to add to this effort. I will be a better role model to those family and friends that are keeping an eye on me and my progress. And above all else... I will look in the mirror at least once a day and say, outloud, "BEHOLD THE GLORY OF THE LORD" because he made me and he made NO MISTAKES! Here is the link I promised: http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-obesity-causes-side-20111219,0,2122488.story Happy "first day of the rest of your lives" everyone. Because everyday is just that! Susie