Options

Replies

• kristynlyn
    kristynlyn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just did my first workout! I'm beat but feel great! :happy:
  • valwes04
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Years ago, I used to love running and lost so much weight... But I got out of it and also gained weight back :(
    But, starting today and am feeling very optimistic about the future! W1d1!!!
  • walkinmamma
    walkinmamma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Getting back in the running habit with C25K starting today. This is a fantastic training program. I used it in the past to propel myself into completing 2 marathons! Unfortunantly, I lost focus...so here I am again Day1/Week 1, lacing up my shoes right now.
  • walkinmamma
    walkinmamma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To all who did this before...See my post above. I am in exactly the same boat. We CAN do it again!
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I will be starting this today!! I did the program summer of '10 on my treadmill. Interested in an attempt to do a 5K...maybe this year!

For those of you just starting...I would suggest jogging or whatever pace you are comfortable with. Speed and time can be worked on later. I actually plan to do it all over again for those reasons.

Good luck everyone....get off the couch! :bigsmile:
  • robynham84
    robynham84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im starting this evening!!!
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    I finished week 1 last week and on a whim I decided to see if I could just go the whole 30 mins running. I am utterly shocked to say I succeeded!! I wanted to die by the end of course haha but I did (barely) manage it. I'll keep trying that this week and if I can keep it up then I guess I can call myself a graduate?!
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first C25K workout and it went really well! I like the intervals because they kept me engaged. I was genuinely surprised when the voice on my app (Heavy Duty 5K Runner- would highly recommend!!) said it was time for the cool down. I guess I got distracted by the workout mix I downloaded from iTunes and lost count of how many times I had ran. I didn't run fast by any means, in fact my jog was about as fast as my walk, but I still feel like I got a good workout in. Is it weird that I am ready to rock it again on Wednesday? Good luck to everyone else that is starting this week!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    W1D1 done! went well..even tho I am so out of shape. Keep goin everyone!
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    W1D1 done, my daughter and I ran or walk/slow jogged this afternoon. She ran behind me crying the whole time. She is 9 and weighs 141pounds. But when she wanted to she ran past me like I was so standing still. We went about 1.76miles total. So not bad at all. We will go again on W1D2, Wednesday Afternoon. My daughter also has basketball on Tues and Thurs, so I can walk when she is practicing. :)
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I started C25k a few months ago and I loved it. But I got stuck at about week 5 and then just stopped altogether :blushing:

This time I really want to get to the end and stay committed. If I can commit to my eating plan, why can't I commit to an exercise plan?
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    W1D1 completed yesterday. I'm road running so don't know how fast I was going, but I think I managed to keep up a good pace. I am following the Ease in to 5k app for the iphone.
  • foxygirlact
    Options
    W1D1 completed on my treadmill today :-)
  • coatsie79
    Options
    W1D2 complete. Went out in the wind and the rain today. Actually quite enjoyed it.
  • robynham84
    robynham84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 completed yesterday and ready for week one day 2 tomorrow!!!!!!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    HI everyone! W1D2 completed. I had a little improvement since the first day. My distance was 1.91 then, and today it was 2.01. Progress! Keep at it, you're all doing a fine job!!

What is everyone's average time from start to finish? mine is 30 minutes. I do the warm up brisk walk, then about the last 4 minutes I cool down with a walk.
  • foxygirlact
    Options
    W1D2 completed today. I forgot how much of a sweat this program works up!
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    W1D2 Complete!

I finished my day 2 by myself. My daughter had to much school work to do this evening. I am also improving my time.

Started out last week doing a little here and there not the program yet. I was at a 21 minute mile then. Now I am doing a 17.3 minute mile. WooHoo!

I started out at 1.5 miles and now did 2 miles in 35 minutes. :) Yah Me! I am excited and was very greatful that the weather here was very nice, sunny with 61 degree weather. I am still working on my eatting and drinking habits but I am going to do this. :)

We can do this. I have actually completed my first week but I am going to do one more day at week one that will be Friday!
  • coatsie79
    Options
    W1D2 complete - First week done :0)

On my last 60 second running interval I ran for an extra minute. Yes it was downhill, but still...haha Set me up well for the longer intervals next week.

Have a great weekend :0)
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    W1D3 done! it's going good so far! I can tell I am getting a little faster!! Ready for week 2!! have a good weekend everyone!!