Nutrition!!

Options
2»

Replies

• rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options
    Ok I made Jamie Easons Chocolate Protein Bars and they are sooo yummy! They have a real cake consistency and have a sweetness to them. I'm not sure where I sit on the whole sweeteners thing so I'm not sure how often I'll make them but they are gooood! :bigsmile:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I made the Lemon Protien bars and they are really good too!!! I will get the recipe and post it for everyone. :wink:
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I made the chicken muffins and I made the italian zucchini turkey meatballs. She said in her video that you can make the "turkey muffins" chicken muffins so I did. They were VERY good. I got the italian zucchini turkey meatball recipe from her Italian Turkey Burgers recipe. She put a note at the bottom that you can make them as meatballs and serve with spaghetti squash. That sounded much better since spaghetti squash is one of my favorite foods. I LOVED them too! I add a lot more seasonings then she calls for though!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I made the Lemon Protien bars and they are really good too!!! I will get the recipe and post it for everyone. :wink:

Lemon Protein Bars
    Calories: 86/ Fat: 1 gram/ Carbs: 10 grams/ Protein: 9 grams

Ingredients:

1 cup oat flour
    2 scoops vanilla whey protein
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    2 qt mix Crystal Light (preferably without aspartame)
    4 egg whites
    1/2 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
    8 oz baby food applesauce
    4 oz water

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Mix oat flour, vanilla whey protein, salt, baking soda and crystal light, in large bowl.
    Mix egg whites, Splenda, applesauce and water in a bowl.
    Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
    Spray 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
    Pour ingredients into dish.
    Bake 23 minutes.
    Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving.
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Female Diet for Phase 2

Breakfast = egg whites 5/ vegetables Unlimited/ starch 1 serving
    Mid-morning = turkey or chicken muffins 2 / Other Options: 4 homemade protein bars or Small meal option/ vegetables Unlimited
    Lunch: lean meat (chicken breast, white meat turkey; white fish like tilapia and orange roughy) 6 oz/ starch 1 serving/ salad and vegetables Unlimited
    Mid-afternoon: lean meat (chicken breast, white meat turkey; white fish like tilapia and orange roughy) 6 oz (8 oz for fish)/ starch 1 serving/ salad and vegetables Unlimited
    Dinner: turkey or chicken muffins 2/ Other Options: 4 homemade protein bars or Small meal option/ vegetables Unlimited
    Evening: egg whites 5-6/ vegetables Unlimited

Note: No carbs (starch) after 7:00 PM (or about 3 hours before bedtime).

Limit fruit to twice daily:/ berries first thing in the morning and then a full citrus serving or banana after a workout with your protein shake. Carry a small apple in your gym bag at all times in case an energy slump hits!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Crystal :flowerforyou:

I will be starting tomorrow in phase 1. I'm very excited but a little nervous about the nutrition part of it. It seems a little confusing to me. Hopefully I can get it down. I went out tonight and bought a huge thing of strawberry protein, some protein bars, flaxseed & fish oil and tons more things....we will see how it goes.

Anyway, How is everyone liking it so far, I'd love to hear any stories on what to expect/what you think of it.
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    ~*~Time To Count Calories!~*~
    Up to this point, the focus with the meal plan has been to consume adequate calories to support your weight training goals. Moving forward, it will be necessary to determine a specific calorie range to increase your fat burning potential while maintaining your hard earned muscle.

Follow this simple formula to determine the number of calories you should consume moving forward, using the foods included in the meal plans:

1.Multiply your goal weight by 10 to arrive at your baseline.
    2.Add between 200 and 500 calories to determine the ideal calorie range that will support the rest of your Phase Two and Phase Three workout routines.
    (So, for me, that would be 110 (lbs) X 10 + 200 = 1300 and 110 (lbs) X 10 + 500 = 1600).
    3.On rest days and lighter days (arms, shoulders, abs), eat in the lower range (1,300 calories). On heavier days (chest, legs, back), eat in the higher range (1,600 calories).
    4.Once we arrive at Phase 3, the lower number will become the starting point for the carbohydrate cycling we'll do!

Phase 2 Diet Tips:

■Eat first meal within an hour of waking.

■Plan ahead! Designate a food preparation day.

■Measure and weigh everything whenever possible. Purchase measuring cups and a kitchen scale.

■Eat every three hours (usually 5 or 6 times a day, depending on when you wake up)! It's the secret to speeding up your metabolism. Be on time!

■Drink lots of water! May have coffee & tea with Stevia or a no-cal sweetener.

■Take a daily multivitamin. If lifting weights, you might consider taking an additional calcium supplement.

■Take one tablespoon of Flaxseed or Fish Oil daily. Flaxseed and fish oil actually aid in weight loss and encourages healthy bowel movements. (Mix in oatmeal or mashed sweet potato after heating food. Do not heat flaxseed.)

■Consistency is key! If you have a day where you slip up … Don't give up! Start fresh at your next meal or the next day. You can do it!

Female Diet for Phase 2

Breakfast: egg whites 5 vegetables Unlimited starch 1 serving
    Mid-morning: turkey or chicken muffins 2 Other Options: 4 homemade protein bars/ Small meal option vegetables Unlimited
    Lunch: lean meat (chicken breast, white meat turkey; white fish like tilapia and orange roughy) 6 oz starch 1 serving salad and vegetables Unlimited
    Mid-afternoon: lean meat (chicken breast, white meat turkey; white fish like tilapia and orange roughy)
    6 oz (8 oz for fish) starch 1 serving salad and vegetables Unlimited
    Dinner: turkey or chicken muffins 2 Other Options: 4 homemade protein bars/ Small meal option vegetables Unlimited
    Evening: egg whites 5-6 vegetables Unlimited
    Note: No carbs (starch) after 7:00 PM (or about 3 hours before bedtime).

Limit fruit to twice daily: berries first thing in the morning and then a full citrus serving or banana after a workout with your protein shake. Carry a small apple in your gym bag at all times in case an energy slump hits!
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Crystal :flowerforyou:

I will be starting tomorrow in phase 1. I'm very excited but a little nervous about the nutrition part of it. It seems a little confusing to me. Hopefully I can get it down. I went out tonight and bought a huge thing of strawberry protein, some protein bars, flaxseed & fish oil and tons more things....we will see how it goes.

Anyway, How is everyone liking it so far, I'd love to hear any stories on what to expect/what you think of it.

Hi I am going to be starting on Monday 2-13-12. I am as nervous as you are about the nutrition! It seems so limited! Excited about the lifting part though!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Hey there debwaid,
    I ended up starting a group for us newer people just starting. It's called Jamie Eason 2012. I'll send you an invite.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hey there debwaid,
    I ended up starting a group for us newer people just starting. It's called Jamie Eason 2012. I'll send you an invite.

I am so glad you did! Very excited to finally have some support and motivation!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    WEEK 9 NUTRITION

Week 9's nutrition plan is basically a continuation of Week 8's.

WEEKS 10, 11 & 12: NUTRITION

Beginning on the first day of Week 10, you'll be "carb cycling," a process that you will continue to follow through the end of the program.

Carb cycling takes the macronutrients (the proteins, fats and carbs) of your meals and manipulates them to reduce body fat to very low levels, with as little muscle cannibalization as possible.

Here's the theory: Because carbs are the body's preferred source of fuel, cycling those carbs - eating lower amounts some days, higher amounts other days - confuses the body by not giving it a constant and dependable fuel source. When we reduce the intake of carbs on lower carb days, we'll replace those calories with protein and healthy fats. That way you'll have an adequate number of calories and maintain as much muscle as possible as you continue to exercise.

This technique isn't for the faint of heart; following it to the letter takes discipline. You'll need to count and weigh every meal, taking care to consume the proper portions of macros from day to day.

This carb cycle will last only 3 weeks. Any longer and you might lose too much hard-earned muscle.

So here's how it works:

To determine your carbohydrate requirements, take the lower number of calories you determined at the start of Week 7. For example, my calorie range was 1300-1800 calories, so the number I'll use for the carb cycle will be 1300.

LOW-CARB DAY:

Only 20% of your calories will be from carbohydrates.
    LOW-CARB DAY CALORIE CALCULATOR
    *see the website*

HIGH-CARB DAY

We'll again use the total daily calories that we determined for Week 7 (the lower number), only this time, 50% of the calories consumed will come from carbs.
    HIGH-CARB DAY CALORIE CALCULATOR
    *see the website*
  • beccasgarden
    Options
    Hello- I made this the other day, loved them, my protein powder has 26 grams per serving of protein, do you know how much the one jamie uses for this recipe has, I wasnt sure if i should be adding two scoops, I did, and cut them into 10 servings...