Too eat or not eat on night shift?

Options
Wez317
Wez317 Posts: 14 Member
Some of my coworker don't eat working the am(night) shift, others bring full meals. I don't know, What's works for you!

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I usually eat something on the lighter side, like yogurt, fruit, and cereal, and other such things. It's worked for me :) The biggest challenge I face is getting home and avoiding the kitchen before going to bed.. One thing I still struggle with!
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Going light, but still eating a regular intervals seems to help keep me within calories. Since I don't usually get enough sleep on days I work its easy to go over my calories when I'm so tired.
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    when on the night shift 10p to 8a I tend to eat my biggest meal at 1-2am when I still have someone to cover my job when I run to our cafeteria. If I miss that time then I tend to go to the morning. The drive home is always a killer, 13 stop lights, chick-fil a, sonic, hardees, mcdonalds x2, burger king, bojangles before I hit my neighborhood. fast food breakfast might slim into my total calories if I miss that meal but it still is difficult when I do eat..
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I work 6p-6a and I eat like I would if I was working days...When I wake up at 4:30pm, I eat breakfast and I'll eat lunch around midnight and dinner when I get home from work and then normal small snacks in between...working nights is already bad enough, I don't want to completely shock my system