Back at it!!!

Options
JeSuisPrest
JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
Ok...apparently I took too much time off from it. Got back to it today and huffed and puffed and yelled at Jillian all the way through it. It's been more than a week since I did a Yoga meltdown and it showed today!!

Replies

• 12Bwild
    Options
    Yep! I took some time off too. Its ludicrous how I can work so hard, drop some weight, then I take a break and gain it all back..... Ha! My goal is not to take a break and keep on keepin on.

That Yoga Meltdown is brutal but very effective. I have yet to complete it without flippin off Jillian at least once.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me.... But I can't step to the top of the mat! How the hell do they get their leg up there? And jump to the top? Is she crazy?!

I do love it though!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    She is crazy!!! No doubt. I have to jump then step to get to the top. Maybe their mats are shorter than ours!! :laugh:
  • 12Bwild
    12Bwild Posts: 16
    Options
    Has anyone tried out level two yet???? If so, please share your thoughts on the differences between level one and level two. Thanks!
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    She is crazy!!! No doubt. I have to jump then step to get to the top. Maybe their mats are shorter than ours!! :laugh:

I could! (if my gut wasnt in the way!! ) :laugh:

I havent tried level 2, havent even looked at it, still trying to master warrior 3...it's not looking too good :ohwell:
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Maybe it's just me.... But I can't step to the top of the mat! How the hell do they get their leg up there? And jump to the top? Is she crazy?!

I do love it though!

I'm convinced their mats are just shorter than the ones we are using!!! :wink:
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    Has anyone tried out level two yet???? If so, please share your thoughts on the differences between level one and level two. Thanks!

I did level two for the first time yesterday, and in some ways I actually found it less challenging than level one. It seems like level two is much more of a balance challenge than a strength challenge. Balancing certainly takes a lot of focus and concentration, but my muscles weren't screaming and I wasn't huffing as much as I do in level one. Perhaps I am doing it all wrong though! HOWEVER, the last circuit is a brutal ab workout. Brutal. But for me, that was the hardest part of level two.

What kinds of results have you all been noticing?? I have been doing YM 5 days a week for the past two weeks and the poses are DEFINITELY getting easier, but I haven't lost any weight. What about you all??
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    How are you all logging YM workout? I logged it as calisthenics vigorous effort, but the calories burned seems a bit high. I'd love to hear how you're logging it on MFP.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I went and found a calorie burning website and found a yoga option... It says I burn 144 calories 5'7" 158 pounds...
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I can't recall exactly how I set it up, but it may have been through this calculator.....

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-yoga-vigorous
  • 12Bwild
    12Bwild Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback on level YM two. I will give it a whirl...

Oh. By the way, my burned caloric count is pretty high. I sweat like a dog. Thanks again.
  • BookterAE12
    BookterAE12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've taken multiple weeks off of my yoga practice. Today, I'm hurting. New plan - yoga meltdown each day this week in the AM. Then twice a week there after.... just to switch things up.:drinker: